• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What App works to Stream when using DI.FM

vigvigler

Lurker
Nov 6, 2009
Ok, I just got back from the Verizon store. I was checking out the Droid... I popped open the browser and went to DI.FM.

Digitally Imported - Addictive Electronic Music

I tried all 3 public streams (MP3, Windows Media, AACPlus), and nothing. I asked the data tech guys at the counter and they said there might or will eventually probably be a app that will work with DI.FM.

So anyone checked into this? Anyone gotten DI.FM working? I'm especially interested to see if I can get the premium subscriber channels to work. The phone is pretty damn sweet and right now the only thing holding me back is the fact I can't stream my favorite internet radio station.

According to the specs of the Droid, it supports AACPlus streams. This is big!!! Currently it's next to impossible to stream AACplus encrypted streams on windows mobile.

Hey paranoid...

Check out my threaded post the to DI.fm tech forums.

Streaming to the Droid - Android 2.0 Phone - DI Forums Board

I got a good amount of feedback on there regarding this. I've started to use StreamFurious Pro. Basically the encrypted premium mp3 streams are working 100%. THe AACPlus free and encrypted streams work, but I am having problems keeping them active for any length of time. The tech folks at StreamFurious have been looking into it and I'm hopeful in the next update or so it will be fixed. They have been releasing updates about once a week, so I have high hopes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones