• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What application plays a ringtone?

vnc555

Lurker
Dec 3, 2012
I've bought my first Android phone (Note 2) and installed almost all the applications I had before on Samsung Galaxy Player (not a phone). It worked fine but I've found that sometimes an unknown ringtone started to ring without any notification, sometimes at night. I didn't find a way to stop the ringtone except by turning off sound.
Since there were no notifications shown I don't know what application causes it. I didn't even find the ringtone that was played - I looked everywhere I was able to look without rooting the phone.

So, my question is - is there a way to log all accesses to media server, or somehow else to find out what application requested a ringtone that is currently played?

Right now I uninstalled everything, and the problem seems to be gone, so I started to install my favorite applications back in a small sets to determine the cause of the problem, but it's a long way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones