• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps/features does the N1 multitouch bug effect?

tcv

Mar 16, 2010
NJ
You have all seen the videos and the reports of problems with the multitouch problems of the Nexus One. But since it is just a matter of the axis switching, I don't think it would be too much of a problem with simple features like the pinch to zoom capabilities.

So what apps or features have you experienced multitouch troubles with, and can they be worked around?

EDIT: *affect

I get minor issues in general (I tap somewhere on the screen and the phone thinks I tapped an inch or two away) where a quick lock/unlock of the screen will resolve.

I have some problems using virtual buttons for emulators. I'll hold a direction on the D-Pad but as soon as I press another button, the direction reverses. I have to let go of the direction button and push again to fix, and again as soon as I'm pressing another button simultaneously the direction reverses.

I am not completely sure if this has to do with the axis switching but I would assume so.

Upvote 0
I get minor issues in general (I tap somewhere on the screen and the phone thinks I tapped an inch or two away) where a quick lock/unlock of the screen will resolve.

I have some problems using virtual buttons for emulators. I'll hold a direction on the D-Pad but as soon as I press another button, the direction reverses. I have to let go of the direction button and push again to fix, and again as soon as I'm pressing another button simultaneously the direction reverses.

I am not completely sure if this has to do with the axis switching but I would assume so.

So outside of gaming, which wouldn't really affect me, it doesn't really have a huge effect?

Upvote 0
So outside of gaming, which wouldn't really affect me, it doesn't really have a huge effect?

Not really. Pinch-zoom and things like that work fine for me. I would assume that the axis problem only affects games since things like pinch zoom don't necessarily need to know exactly where your fingers are going.

Now that I think of it I'm only comparing games and pinch-zoom... I'm not sure what other multitouch applications there are.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Currently there are no apps that is effected by this. Pinch to zoom everywhere works just fine. The complaint people have is that this would effect games. But you can even watch YouTube videos where people are playing emulators with no problems, so really this is a complete non issue for now. People do feel that this may hold back good games from being developed because its limited to only 2 touch inputs. I wouldn't even worry about it one bit.

Upvote 0
I have noticed this bug while using my web browser, where I will zoom in, but will then suddenly not be able to zoom out. When I touch the screen with my thumb and forefinger, I will feel haptic feedback, then the menu or some other feature will pop up, as if I touched another part of the screen. I have also noticed it on my home screens, where I touch on an app icon, and something else nearby registers the touch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones