What apps should be running?Support

Last Updated:

1. hackdroot

hackdroot Member

So I charged my battery last night and unplugged it 8AM. About 30min commute using it to play music, then exited and stored it (since I can't bring my phone into work). Left @5PM and once again played some music on the way home. I have made no calls, no texting at all, and now noticed that I'm at 16% and dropping fast (7:25PM).

I have read most of the battery threads and have bluetooth, mobile, and GPS turned off. Under running services I have:

Mail: MailService
    Calender: ObexService
    Touch Input:TouchInput
    Google: GTalkService
    Sync Service: SyncService
    HTC Message Uploader: UploadMessageService
    Battery Widget: BatteryWidgetUpdate

Are these kiling my battery, and which ones can I kill off?

Which app can tell me who the resource (battery, etc) hogs are?

Any help appreciated, I love the phone, but the battery drain is making it a miserable experience. Thanks

-Lee

Advertisement
  2. Mr.Slave

Mr.Slave Well-Known Member

All of those task shoud be running except for the battery widget, get rid of that widget. What battery widget do is drain the battery by constantly running and checking the battery level. Leave your tasks alone and let Android manage them. Running a task killer will not solve anything all it will do is drain the battery as well. The main problem is that the thresh hold for Android to kill tasks is set to low for your liking and you can only change it with root access. So in the mean time either buy a bigger battery or wait it out. If you let a smart phone do what it is made to do and buy a bigger battery you will be much happier in the long run.