• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps to jazz up, but not kill my Nexus S?

L

linsigh

I'm "upgrading" my HTC Desire to a Nexus S. It is due tomorrow. I want recommendations (appropriate to non-US based users) for day 1 installs. HTC Sense is very slick, so I guess I'm looking to improve on the stock Android behavior without killing the benefits of the stock experience. I would like apps, widgets, keyboards etc. that will make those iphone guys wish they had android.

I have read up on this for a few days now. But would like real world recommendations too. I'm going to get a dock also, so anything cool to leave running on the phone would be worth a mention too.

Cheers!

Gotta say, loving the speed, enjoying the new UI features of Gingerbread. The stock Android UI in pretty slick, but the HTC Sense UI definitely makes some things easier. Maybe I'm just in an adjustment period.

Initial disappointments ...

1. No zoom on camera. Supposedly Samsung will provide a firmware update to address this.
2. Flashlight gone. However, TeslaLED is an excellent replacement.
3. Facebook sync with contacts gone bye bye. SyncMyPix will update the profile pics for you. But I have not yet find one to keep numbers up to date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones