What Apps to Move to SD Card?

Last Updated: 2011-08-19 23:44:40
  1. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

Internal memory is getting a little tight on my phone finally, so I was wondering what types of apps should I be moving to the SD card? I ask this because I don't know if moving certain types of apps (or more specifically, certain apps) will cause harm to my phone and make it not work properly. And is there a preferred method to moving apps to the SD card?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Whitechapel likes this.
  3. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

I just ran into my first problem with Robot Unicorn Attack (the adult swim game and hefty 20 MB download). I moved it to the SD Card using the SDMove app you recommended. I tried to load it up, it gave me an error saying I needed to download it from the market. I ran it again and it worked! Then I restarted my phone, and the app disappeared completely. This is what I was worried about. I don't want to just have apps start disappearing on me. Or is this just one specific instance because it's a game or something? I checked out the market while re-downloading the game, and it says the rest of my apps are installed. I'm very bored right now so I'll probably go through the list of all the apps I moved and boot them up just to make sure they still work.

I plugged in the phone to my computer and did a search for RUA (which turned up nothing), then Robot and I found a file. I deleted it, then proceeded to the market and successfully downloaded and installed it. It reinstalled, all the rest of my apps open and worked just fine.
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If you mean the shortcut to the app on your homescreen disappeared, this is normal when you move apps to the SDCard.

If you mean from your app drawer then I'd contact he developer and see if it actually *does* support moving to SDCard or not.
  5. Whitechapel

Whitechapel Member

I meant that the app completely disappeared all together. From the app drawer, and the market even said it wasn't installed. I fixed it like I said. Unfortunately it's the only game [adult swim] has out for Droids, all the rest of the games are for iPhone, so it's not really a big deal.