• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help what are all the mini icons at the top?

philessense

Nov 22, 2011
As I look at this phone, at the top there are 2 boxes with handles (?) and greyed out checkmarks, and one greyed box down arrow, then two not boxed down arrows, one bright comicbook signal box (blue)(I think this is a map program that supplies no exit that I can find). Then there's a flashing grey circle that looks like a gps symbol.

A hexagonical box is now on the upper right with a red 3 in it. Must be downloads? But I don't know what to do with it.

Is there a trick to doing something with this little icons? Is there a way to access them? Is there a way to turn off the gps?

So much new.

As I look at this phone, at the top there are 2 boxes with handles means you have updates available from the Android market for some of your apps (?) and greyed out checkmarks,some of the updates have been successfully installed and one greyed box down arrow,something has downloaded then two not boxed down arrows, something is in the process of downloading one bright comicbook signal box ?? (blue)(I think this is a map program that supplies no exit that I can find). Then there's a flashing grey circle that looks like a gps symbol. Indeed, your GPS is on and probably searching for a signal.

A hexagonical box is now on the upper right with a red 3 in it. upper left? that's 3 notifications that await your attention Must be downloads? But I don't know what to do with it. drag the notification bar downward and you'll see either messages, new email, or any number of notifications awaiting your attention. Once you read all your notifications, find and tap the Clear button and they will disappear.

Is there a trick to doing something with this little icons? Is there a way to access them? Is there a way to turn off the gps? On a home screen, drag down the notification bar at the top of the screen and find the GPS icon in the middle at the top of that screen. Touch it and it will turn off.

So much new.
See my responses in red above. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones