What are currently the Best android phones on T-Mobile & Verizon?

Last Updated:

1. Moviecouple

Moviecouple Active Member This Topic's Starter

Christmas is around the corner and was thinking about buying my niece an Android phone and wanted to buy her the best one out there. She is your average teenager, but would want something more than a basic phone.

So I can choose between T-Mobile and Verizon.. and wanted to know what is THE phone to get on both those networks?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Advertisement
  2. durps

durps Well-Known Member

On T-mobile, I'd say the Mytouch4g, Samsung Vibrant or the G2. Verizon offers more phones though. There's the entire Droid line, all which are pretty good and the Samsung Fascinate.

3. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

"AVERAGE TEENAGER" to me spells heavy texter. Just a thought, but she might not get the full potential of a full blown smart phone. I hear time and time again how teens get a smartphone and end up going down to a feature phone since they just want a texting device.

4. Moviecouple

No... she uses her phone for more than that. RSS feeds, browsing, gaming, productivity, email, texting is what she would use it for.

5. jrock204657

jrock204657 Well-Known Member

Mytouch 4g for T-Mobile but I like the Droid X better for Verizon...If she is into rooting and custom roms, I think you can find much more information on this for the Droid X than the Mytouch4g. My girlfriend just got a mytouch4g and she loves it but I was trying to find information on rooting and roms ect...and wasn't able to find a whole lot of support out there for it. Of course this will change once the phone has been out a little longer. But I would go with the X.

6. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

You should find out if she wants a physical keyboard or not. That will narrow down the options a lot.

7. Moviecouple

Don't think she wants a keyboard. Onscreen is what she was used to.

So I think it looks like...

Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy Fascinate
    Samsung Continuum
    HTC Droid Incredible

T-Mobile
    Samsung Vibrant
    HTC G2
    My Touch 4G

I think I am leaning towards going with Verizon and looks like the Fascinate or Incredible. Both seemed to be favorites and both got really good reviews.

Thoughts?

8. srozzman

srozzman Active Member

see who has better service in your area

9. Super_Six_Two

You also have the Droid X on Verizon. I would say the Droid X or the Fascinate. I'm not a fan of the incredible but if you are looking for a smaller Verizon phone that would work. Continuum just seems weird to me with it's lower screen. I don't see a need for it.

10. Aypse

Aypse Well-Known Member

The droid X is larger than those three and the physical appearance is somewhat masculine but it does have a larger screen which is nice for web browsing/games and has the best camera. The fascinate and continuum are nearly identical phones. They both will have much nicer screens than the incredible or droid X. I would rank the incredible as last. Its neither the most functional nor the best looking.

My vote, fascinate if you want beauty and droid X if she would value functionality over appearance.

11. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

I'm sure you know Verizon is significantly more expensive than T-Mobile, unless you have a great discount or something. I personally think the MyTouch4G is a great phone for T-Mobile, as is the Vibrant (although it feels a little cheaper and "plasticky"). If you choose Verizon I'd definitely side with the Droid X, great hardware although the Incredible is nice too. I hear that the Incredible is currently free at Best Buy because they're doing a promotion this month, so you may want to see if that's still the free option.

12. Guamguy

Guamguy Well-Known Member

For T-Mobile, I would pick MyTouch 4G and G2 if you want the keyboard.

For Verizon, I would go with the Droid X, then Droid 2 if you want the keyboard.

13. lordofthereef

To each his own. I respect that. But I am having trouble being convinced that the incredible's screen is inferior. It's a beautiful AMOLED screen that has a sharpness which blows the X out of the water. It holds its own compared o the fascinate as well. (IMO of course).

14. Super_Six_Two

15. lordofthereef

16. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Well, the new SLCD screens in the Incredible still look... well... incredible. I wish the Evo had an SLCD.

The Droid X and Fascinate, you have to realize, are larger than life phones. The 4'' screen is a bit larger than most, and isn't good for quite a few people. If she has monster hands like me, then those 2 are great! If not... the incredible is just the right size. None of the phones lag, much, due to the raw power they have thanks to the hardware. You shouldn't hear many if any complaints on that.