1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

what are good aplications to get once you root your phone?

1. androidguy1

androidguy1 Member

well i have just finished rooting my phone, and i was expecting to find another app store, or link to a website to download apps that arent avaliable on google play, but found no such thing, so i was wondering if any of you had any apps that you think i should try, and/or a good place to look for some.

all help appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

You must have came from an iphone.
  3. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

These are the root only apps I use:

Appsync
    Cachemate
    Rom toolbox pro
    Root explorer
    WiFi tether
    Rom manager
    Titanium backup Stickmount

You can look them up on the play store.
  4. androidguy1

androidguy1 Member

actually no, but jailbreaking for friends/family has been my only experience in this type of thing.
    thanks, ive already checked out a few and they work great!
  5. pyyracy

pyyracy Member

Custom recovery and roms are the big thing for me after rooting. Stock roms have so much bloatware and features that you don't need or don't have ones you want, its great to be able to install your favorite. As far as apps, root explorer, titanium backup, cwm, superuser, ROM toolbox, beats audio, (be careful with that one, it can brick your phone if its not compatible) there's so many its hard for me to come up with a list of my favorites.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Everything is available on the Play Store because Google allows you to tinker with your phone. Apple refuses apps that change the experience of how they want you to use your phone. That's why there are apps that are available for iPhones that aren't available in their app store.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

You can install apps from other sources without rooting if you want. That's a big difference between android and iOS.
  8. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

9. victoria_sog

victoria_sog Member

You can install apps from any sources you want with android - love this freedom) Rooting just is essential for some of the apps
  10. pyyracy

pyyracy Member

Rooting is pretty much the equivalent of having admin rights on a PC, it makes you the boss of your device lol. Some apps need to do things to folders that hold data essential to your phone working right or at all, having root allows them to be installed. That's why you have to be careful and have a recovery ready, just in case something goes horribly wrong! I've been to Walmart more than once returning a phone i screwed up, mostly because there was no recovery for that device yet.
  11. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

Whoops. Supposed to have been:

Titanium backup
    Stickmount

Two very different things, but probably my two favorite root-needed apps.
  12. bamronbam

bamronbam New Member

Just rooted my phone and I m new to the whole android process period. Messesd 360 for a long time though. Changeing the firmware. Fixing ring of death, so my point is I know goodsites to learn what I needed to know what are good sites to learn android things? Getting the best android apps at the best price: ) if u know what imean: ):)
  13. carracerz14

Android isn't like Apple. You don't get free things from rooting. I wish people would finally understand the difference.
  14. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

titanium backup is a must, get the pro version just for batch restore.
  15. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Must have app if you like/want to freeze/delete system apps, backup apps with data: Titanium Backup

Set CPU is another if you want to over clock/under clock.

Sent From My Paranoid Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
  16. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Titanium backup pro
    FasterFix
    Root undelete
    AdAway
    RomManager
  17. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

Root explorer isn't needed. ES file explorer does the same things and much more for free.

With so many here calling themselves tech geeks, I'm surprised I don't read more people recommending busybox and a terminal emulator.
  18. carracerz14

I prefer root explorer for my root needs, but use es file explorer as my normal one.