What are pros and cons of apps2sd (after rooting, of course)?

Last Updated:

1. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Let's say the user starts with a 16GB, class 6 SD card.

What are the benefits of storing apps to the SD card? Does it let the phone run smoother? Does it allow you to install more apps on your phone?

What are the cons? Do apps take longer to open/load? Is there a risk of damaging the SD card and/or the phone?

If someone could explain this to me as thoroughly as possible, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. dbg2410

dbg2410 Member

I have just a 8 gb and my phone has ran so smooth since enabling apps2sd. the phone has full memory to run every thing and i have every app i wanted installed and barely have put a dent in my memory card. just dont remove ur card because you wont have any apps

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

2 words

card failure

This will suck a lot if it happens. I had apps2sd enabled for the better part of two days. I didn't notice any speed difference. The only thing that changed on my phone was the free space. I got paranoid thinking about what would happen if my card failed. I formatted my card and restored a nandroid backup from before apps2sd and haven't looked back.

4. BlueScreenOfLife

BlueScreenOfLife Active Member

After messing around with it for a while, the only advantage I took away from it was having a tangible backup of all your apps.

Like Nick said above, though, making a nandroid backup and keeping things where they are is all you'll really need to do while still having a fluid back-end operation.