What are some cool widgets?

Last Updated:

1. vevoric

vevoric Member

Aug 3, 2010
    After 3 days of rooting/unrooting, hair pulling, and 425789 reboots. im at the rooted version of Android 2.2 Froyo.

so i'd thought i would ask what are some cool widgets? and where can i get them.

your my bestfriend if you help ^^

am i posting in the wrong section?

i have MOTO Droid by the way.
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    kind of difficult one to answer my man, what I think is cool you may find lame, there are weather/news widgets, pandora, flash lights, coupons, youtube, facebook, the list goes on and on, but they are all there without root so I hope that wasn't your only reason behind it LOL
  3. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Power Control- Easily Turn on and off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, And adjust Display Brightness
    Facebook- Displays Status Updates
    Youtube- Quick search bar and displays most viewed videos
    Twitter- Twitter Updates
    Google search- Googles search :p
    Music- Plays music although I like the "3" App better because it displays album artwork
    Google news- News updates and catagorized
    Battery life- Displays battery percentage left, option to display temp and other stuff
    Weather & Toggle Widget- My favorite clock/ weather widget, copies HTC sense, looks great
    Beautiful Widgets- My second favorite clock/weather widget
    Engadget- Engadget updates
    Set cpu- Easily see what your processor speed is currently running at + temperature info
    look for some RSS widgets- Instant updates from your favorite sites, I can't think of anny right now
    FML- Fml updates
    Launcher Pro Plus- has some cool bookmark and contact widgets with more coming, need to be using launcher pro home screen replacement
    "3" Music Widget- Displays music with album artwork and can scroll to other albums
    scoreboard- Current scores for favorite teams
    settings Profiles Full- Allows you to setup profiles that tweak nearly all of your phones settings, and then setup rules and triggers to apply the rules.
    Pure Grid Calendar Widget- great looking calendar widget
    Android Agenda Widget- an agenda widget that pulls from your corporate calendar and allows for significant tweaking to the display
    .... that's all that I could pump out I would like some cooler ones though :(...
  4. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ^^Nice post above. To add one more:

CalendarPad is a really terrific app with awesome widgets, it syncs with your google calendar (if you use that, if not the app/widgets might not be as useful) ...anyways it has a day, week, and month option for the widget in various sizes. Oh, and best of all it's free.