What are the best keyboards for this phone?General

1. ssjChris

ssjChris Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering because this phone refuses to install the Swype Beta for whatever reason. I attempted to install it twice and I even uninstalled the app just to try again, but I keep getting the error: "Parse error - There is a problem parsing the package."

What keyboards do you guys use? This stock keyboard isn't cutting it for me...

Advertisement
    :
  2. hdv1990

hdv1990 Well-Known Member

I've got the Swiftkey beta going. There's a few issues every now and then because I don't think its really 100% ready for ICS but it gets the job done

http://vip.swiftkey.net/index.php?/topic/4281-30th-may-update-to-swiftkey-3-beta/
    (You need to make an account, just use facebook)
  3. ssjChris

I think I tried Swiftkey a while back. Does it have a pro version? I think I remember getting it as the free app of the day on the Amazon app store. I remember not liking it very much.
  4. hdv1990

hdv1990 Well-Known Member

The beta is free (for now) but yea otherwise you'd have to pay $2 for the version on the app store
  5. gary93

gary93 Well-Known Member

I saw a YouTube video said the evo 3d stock keyboard comes with Swype function. Not sure is that also comes with evo v or not.
  6. izander

izander Well-Known Member

I'm using a Swype Beta that I had installed on my SD from back when I had my Triumph, its working beautifully. My Evo V didn't have any keyboard besides the HTC Trace Keyboard pre-installed. I just wish it was decluttered, stupid pointless buttons can get annoying, but the trace on swype is unparalleled.
  7. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

I use A.I. keyboard pro.
  8. ssjChris

That's actually not a half bad idea. I still have my Triumph, so I might just switch SD cards and see if I can install it on the sd card via the old phone and then pop it back in the Evo.

EDIT: Did the same crap on Triumph. Wow, this sucks. And I liked Swype a lot too. Guess it's in beta for a reason.
  9. izander

want me to e-mail you the installer apk? PM me your email if so.
  10. mastersoup

mastersoup Well-Known Member

big fan of thumb keyboard. on my phone i have a standard layout, and i have it split on my tablet. i use it because you can customize just about anything. works nice.
  11. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

Smart keyboard pro is amazing on my OV and I've heard similar praise on other bigger devices.
  12. wigginst

wigginst Well-Known Member

Replying now with Swype. Still had apk on sd card from the triumph. Also been using swiftkey.
  13. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

super keyboard for me. swype didnt work try slideit closest thing. hope this helps you
  14. ssjChris

Yeah, I found the installer in my Amazon apps account for Swiftkey. Went ahead and installed that and I threw all of the other ones you all mentioned in a notepad file and I'll probably download/try them all tomorrow before I head out to work.

Oh, and I don't have trouble installing Swype, it's just when you login to the beta and get to the screen where it asks what version of Swype you want (Beta or Beta Japanese), I get the stupid error. The apk is not the problem... =S But if you think you got something on your phone I can work with, you're more than welcome to upload it to Mediafire and let me try out your version of Swype.
  15. izander

just rooted my phone, and now I'm having trouble installing it -____-

parsing the package or whatever.... looks like its back to ICS Keyboard for me
  16. Kilo70

Kilo70 Well-Known Member

Any more keyboards that work.Im not caring for the Keyboard on this phone.
    I preferred the Gingerbread keyboard on the Optimus V .
  17. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

I just put in the Touchpal keyboard (free), I like it much better.
  18. Darkencypher

Darkencypher Well-Known Member

Its been fixed :D
  19. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Depending on my mood I usually use Swiftkey X or occasionally A.I. Type. Been using Swiftkey since my Intercept days, A.I. is a more recent find.
  20. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member

Been using SwiftKey X for over a year, works just as good on the Evo V as the optimus V.
    It was kind of weird at first, but after linking my SMS and Facebook it can reliably predict my sentences nearly every time. I use the "rapid" typing style, and I can make HUGE errors tapping the keyboard, but it still figures out the right word when I press space.

My stats say I am "27% more efficient at typing", I guess they base that on how many typos they correct.
  21. ssjChris

Tried Swiftkey for a few weeks but I kept making too many typos with it so I switched Perfect Keyboard free a few days ago and it seems okay so far. Not perfect as it's title claims but who knows... I got a notepad file here with a few others you guys suggested. I might just try a new one every week until Swype decides to stop being crap with its broken installation file.
  22. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

Swype has issues with Firefox, that was one reason I left it.
  23. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I've been trying out TouchPal for two days now. I like it, but I've noticed that my CPU usage maxes out when in use. I monitor my CPU and memory use with the seepu app.
    Does this seem normal?
  24. Watagump

Watagump Well-Known Member

Swiftkey 3
  25. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

Stock aosp keyboard with swiping