what are the chances of some people frying up some Droid this summer

Last Updated:

1. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

With summer almost apon us, I was thinking we could start to hear stories about people frying their phones. I know my Milestone gets a fairly warm using GPS in the car dock, ill have to keep an eye on the temps.

Are there any temperature sensors in the processor/phone? I haven't heard of any.

Advertisement
  2. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I know the setCPU widget shows internal temps, so yeah I'd say there were internal sensors.

mixpix likes this.
  3. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

Yeah, at least for the CPU, I left my phone in my buddies glovebox which turns out is where the heater blows, and when I turned it on, it said it was to hot to power on

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

all electronics need to be kept at a good temperature. whether it has internal temperature gauges or not, just use some common sense. Say, for instance, not putting a $500 smartphone in a glove box in the summer.

5. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Or in the glove box on a cold/cool day either it seems. haha

At least the phone does a check before turning on, I would like assume that it will turn off when it gets to hot as well. Anyone know?

@mrmojoz Hmm well I'm not rooted, but if I was... I would be using setCPU. Is there any good free apps that will show temps?