What are the differences between the Evo and Evo 3D?

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Does anyone know or can anyone list all the differences of the Evo and Evo 3D? Just trying to see if it is worth getting the new phone.

Advertisement
  2. The evo 3d is 3d, and has two cameras. Other than that, the processor is a bit faster, and it has more ram.
  3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

EVO 3D has twice as much RAM and 4 times as much Memory as the EVO. EVO 3D has a 1.2Ghz DUAL-core processor, compared to the original EVO's 1Ghz SINGLE core. 3D will have Android 2.3 (gingerbread) and HTC Sense version 3.0, a larger battery. A much better GPU. A glasses free 3D qHD screen ...Just to name a few.
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

"3D"

:D

and a bunch of stuff.. that benchase said... and most likely a bunch more that is not known yet.
    BenChase7 likes this.
  5. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Additionally, the evo 3d does not have a kickstand and has the charging port on the left side - not the bottom.
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

ok... if we want to be that minute about it..

e3d has a didicated camera button ...

only one port for hdmi and usb and charging...

taller but thinner...

but.. both are awesome! :p
    i3adidas likes this.
  7. dricky

dricky Active Member

Also, the cameras are 5mp on the Evo-3d, compared to the original which had 8mp.
  8. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

Although I agree that those are minute...they are dealbreakers for some as I am sure you have read about in other threads.
  9. BenChase7

and (RE: post #2), technically, there are THREE cameras on the EVO 3D.

Edit: and yes, both are pretty awesome.
  10. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If there was an Evo Speed, I.E. an Evo 3D minus all the 3D gimmick stuff, in placement of a mere hardware jump, that'd be nice. The dual camera 3D capture stuff I can see possibly being a nifty feature, but nothing beyond that. I could care less. If I take a picture, I'd honestly prefer it to be just the standard 2D picture, in moderate quality as is acceptable from a cell phone.
  11. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

Great comparison lordofthereef. And my understanding is the GPU in the 4G is the Adrano 200 and in the 3D it's the Adrano 220 (around 4x the processing power).
  12. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

great chart... but i believe the e3d is thinner.... .48

and
    evo has a wimax LED... not sure if e3d does.
    :p
    CoachEVO likes this.
  13. AmericanTemplar

AmericanTemplar Well-Known Member

Strange that it's not going to have the kickstand. I think that's a feature that sets it apart from other phones even if I don't use it that much.
  14. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

Hmm from the pics I've seen the E3D looks a Tad thicker.
  15. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

If you use the HDMI port on the 4g, the 3d does not have one.
  16. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

Well, the HDMI and USB port are combined into a single port on the 3D. So it doesn't have a standalone HDMI port, and the new port will probably require a new cable. In addition, the 3D will project anything that is on the screen to the HDMI/USB port, it is not limited to certain types of video.

The 3D will also allow you to stream audio/video wirelessly with DLNA if you have a DLNA capable TV/device or to separate Media Link attachment.
  17. BenChase7

I guess looks can be deceiving, but everything I have read/watched say just the opposite, the EVO 3D is actually a tad thinner.
  18. BadgerX

BadgerX Member

wish it had a kick stand, i use mine all the time, but i think i will be getting this phone anyway
  19. pulazki

pulazki Member

Well everyone knows that the HTC EVO is just an incredible phone, with one major flaw... battery life.
    Now the thunderbolt was just released and is basically the HTC EVO's suped up twin, but after having the pleasure to play with it.. that extra 256mb of RAM makes a world of difference in speed and UI response. But they made a mega-fail in this phone, it only has a 1400mah battery.. yes, that's even less than the 1500mah battery the EVO has. Why in the world would you make a faster EVO, and then give it a smaller battery after all the complaints on the horrendous battery of the EVO?
    So i was checking out a review of the EVO 3D and lookin at the specs and this phone looks like it's going to be ridiculous and stunning.

It has a 1500Mhz Processor and will be running the even faster 2.3 Gingerbread (everyone recalls the amazing speed increases from 2.1 to 2.2 froyo)
    Now considering the Thunderbolt is insanely fast at only 1Ghz and 768MB Ram.. The EVO 3D at 1.5GHz and 1GB of Ram is going to be just an insane and sickly amount of power (but oh no, that will destroy the battery right?) OF COURSE IT WILL, BUT .. yes there's a BUT

THEY FINALLY ADDRESSED THAT BECAUSE THE EVO 3D COMES WITH A 4000mAh battery! yes 4000! The largest extended battery you can purchase for the EVO now is 3500, and i've never had the pleasure to use one, but the reviews for it are all just great. People saying that they cant get there EVO to DIE If they tried to, saying they get 36-48 hours of moderate to heavy usage with the extended battery.

So i truely cannot wait for the release of the EVO 3D, it appears as though HTC listened to all of us, and truly worked towards creating the Ultimate EVO that we all have grown to love so much. If you love your HTC EVO then you're going to HAVE TO get the EVO 3D, it's you're EVO but on massive massive steroids for power and a neverending 4000mAh battery. I just cannot wait to get this phone. Let me know your thoughts on it.. EVO 3D, LOVE IT OR HATE IT?
  20. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

wait wha? You have a source for those specs?

I thought the processor was 1200mhz.
    I thought the battery was around 1730mAh....
  21. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

wow.. op.. are your being funny? is this a joke? what is your point with all the bad info???

if you are just a lost soul.. my advice is to find good evo3d specs.

but you are right about one thing.. evo is awesome and e3d will just be more so.
  22. pulazki

pulazki Member

Well if my source info is wrong then i apologize, but here is the site from which i gathered that info:

HTC EVO View 4G specs - Phone Arena

haha, oops i just realized i was listing the EVO VIEW specs and not the 3d.. man i feel stupid now =D

It actually has 1200Mhz, 1GB RAM and 1730mAh battery (which is still an extra 230mAh)
  23. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

That's the new HTC Evo View tablet, which was announced at the same time :). Easy mistake. No worries.
  24. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

also... thunderbolt is single core cpu.

evo3d .. is a daul core cpu.. with a very good gpu.