What are the docking pins capable of?

Last Updated:

1. jojitsu

jojitsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

... Apart from the obvious car doc, and maybe a music doc at some point, does anybody know the limit of what the little pins on the bottom of our phones can do?...

I have been using the wiimote with emulator a bit over the last week or so, and I was instantly thinking how cool it would be if the phone was tv-out capable.. Would the docking pins be capable of some kind of dock that would allow this, or for that matter, anything else worth talking about?

I know the phone may well be old tech by the time all this kind of hardware was to hit the market, and phones with HDMI ports will be the norm, but just thought I'd ask :)

Advertisement
  2. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that those pins are for charging only. The other features that the two docs provide are done via an automatic bluetooth pairing.

3. jojitsu

jojitsu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I honestly don't know... Just mainly trying to figure out if there will be any good hardware additions in the future, and if it's at all possible to use the phone through a tv (games emulators and such)...

4. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

I doubt the metal pins will ever be able to transfer any type of data. I wish the nexus had a video out through the audio Jack. The iPod does this. One cable from the 3.55mm Jack provides audio AND video. Its amazing.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk