What are the first things I should do after rooting my galaxy S3?

1. TimeAndroid

TimeAndroid Well-Known Member

I am planning on rooting my Samsung Galaxy S3 and I was wondering when I am done rooting it, what are the things I should do first to ensure maximum performance and security? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Fireflies

Fireflies Well-Known Member

After researching online, rooting causes your phone to lower secruity so I highly recommend you install this free anti-virus program on Google Play: http://bit.ly/Ok3sMB As for performance, you install this apps to manage running apps and close the ones you rarely use. http://bitly.com/AmtswQ

P.S. You can't recover your phone after you root it! If your phone just jacked up, you will need to purchase a new one.
    TimeAndroid likes this.
  3. TimeAndroid

Thanks! :) I have avast mobile security already. I heard task killers are bad, is that true?
  4. TimeAndroid

Anything else I should do after rooting my phone?
  5. TimeAndroid

6. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Hey, TimeAndroid!:)

I have moved this thread into the 'all things root' section of this forum since this discussion involves rooting.
    TimeAndroid likes this.
  7. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

There is but it depend on what version of the S3 you have
  8. dirtyfrog

dirtyfrog New Member

This is one of the most stunningly ill-informed posts I've ever seen.

Rooting your phone allows you to modify system files that yes, can screw with your phone. But every time an app requests superuser access, you'll be prompted to allow or deny. Rooting does not automatically open your phone to a flood of viruses. It's no more dangerous than logging into Windows using an Administrator account.

Installing a task manager hasn't been a good idea on Android since Cupcake. Jelly Bean will do a far better job of managing background processes than any app. The running tasks pop-up window is more than enough to close any misbehaving app.

And buying a new phone if something goes wrong? Are you serious? I wish I had
    eetbum and poriggity like this.
  9. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

install clockworkmod and make a nandroid put it in a safe place to recover from anything you may change that you shouldnt have. i would read all i can so you understand what you are doing
  10. bobdrad

bobdrad Member

I am sick of constantly having to re-root my phone every time Verizon pushes out a trivial update. I wouldn't mind if it was something significant like Jelly Bean :) It's still rather painful to root this phone. Can anything be done to either: 1. Prevent the unrooting? 2. Make re-rooting easier? I do have the ClockworkMod ROM installed, which seems like it may be designed to make this easier, but I'm not quite getting it. Sure, I can create a nandroid backup on my SD. But if I get pushed a new update from VZ which unroots me, and I restore the backup, I lose the update, isn't that right? So I have just rewound and get to play the stupid game all over again? It seems as though VZ is deliberately pushing frequent updates to keep people's phones from staying rooted. Very annoying to discover that my regular Titanium Backups have once again stopped occurring because I lost root. -Bob
  11. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Well-Known Member

I just updated mine and my wifes sprint version to 4.1.1 and do not see any difference from 4.0.4. If anyone can tell me the physical differnece I'm looking at.. And after the upgrades we did not loose root...
  12. bobdrad

bobdrad Member

Android - Android 4.1, Jelly Bean
  13. johanandersson

johanandersson New Member

Hi Forums! I have the SGS3 4G (GT-I9305) the lastest european model of the phone, and I am wondering if you guys have the GT-I9305 or just the normal GT-I9300 witch is sold with 4G (LTE) in the U.S. I would love some answers because
  14. androidman2013

androidman2013 New Member

i have a quick question cause i am confused, can you root metro pcs galaxy s3 sph-t999n, all help would be greatly appreciated
  15. Raistlin1158

Raistlin1158 Well-Known Member