• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the most common problems with the first batch of Incredibles

Cross posted from the HTC forum without permission:

Love the phone but am also have VERY poor reception issues whereas my Manager's LG Touch is not...
Was just told by my Verizon Rep that ALL parties...HTC, Verizon Corp, Tech Support, etc. are all aware of this issue and anyone who is having a problem to fill out a Service Request Ticket at the following link: www.htc.com/.../e-mail
They ask for the Serial Number of your phone - WHICH IS BEHIND THE BATTERY!!!
My rep told me that it's looking more and more like a bad "batch" of phones - which is why they need the Serial Numbers - as opposed to a software or phyiscal design issue. She also told me that HTC is aware of the "Bars" issue and is working to resolve that issue as well.
BTW...the link is a generic service request link and doesn't indentify specifically the "Reception" issue...she told me that they weren't prepared for this problem which is why HTC is telling the Verizons Reps to have customers go there and fill out the info ASAP.
Mine has crappy reception and I submitted a ticket as soon as I read this.

Upvote 0
I got mine the day after the release and so far ive only had one problem with the phone. A couple days after i got it, the phone started scrolling through my home screens and menus randomly. After i cleaned the phone it seemed to stop the random scrolling. I think there's a thread somewhere on the forum about that problem. Other than that problem the phone has been great.

Upvote 0
My phone temp went up to 150 the other day, it was really hot outside and the ac doesn't work in my work truck AND it was running MAPS, so it got that hot n wouldn't charger, but it didn't shut down like most other pansy phones do when they overheat...this thing is a trooper and I learn something new about it everyday, today I learned that when taking a pic u can soft touch the screen and it will zoom in there and then you long touch the screen n it takes the pic...awesome!

Upvote 0
Anyone notice when you make a call the screen goes black and it's hard to get the screen back up to end a call immediately? I've pushed all the buttons, moved the phone around to try and get the screen back up but nothing. Yes the screen does come back up but it takes a few seconds.

When you're making a call, you put your ear to the phone, and when it hits the proximity sensor, it will turn off the screen. When you're done, moving the phone away from your ear makes it light up again. For me, I think it's about 2secs.

Upvote 0
I actually just exchanged my first release Incredible for a second or third batch Incredible and will say that my signal not just bars but connectivity is much better. I am staying on REV-A not sitting on 1x like the first was constantly doing. I also haven't had any problems with the screen "auto" swyping left or right like my old one was starting to do more and more. I have to say that overall this new handset has "fixed" in my eyes the problems that I was having with my first one. Take what I say for what its worth and how well you know me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones