• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the odds?

Gorf123

Apr 17, 2011
This is going to look like a long-winded Android-technical post, but it's not really.

I got my S4 a couple of weeks ago, so my old HTC Desire was "surplus to requirements". I'd rooted it, and it was running MildWild CM 5.0 because the stock HTC ROM ran out of memory after half a dozen apps were installed. I figured I could sell it, or I could keep it in the car to act as a dashcam and emergency phone/SatNav. Opting for the latter, I decided to put a lean ROM on to maximise the CPU cycles available for video capture (Many thanks to Hadron for pointing me to dGB).

Now I think I'm a pretty average driver. I don't speed, I don't drive too close - I basically don't get into crashes. The last time someone hit me was five years ago; they couldn't stop in the snow.

So this morning, I've got my new ROM, got the DailyRoads Voyager software installed, phone mounted on the window etc and recording happily.

Guess what happens after 10mins of driving?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones