1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What are the restrictions on the the free PowerAmp version?

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My trial version expired today. I have no issues paying for this app if I have to as I think it's an awesome app. The thing is that other than the nag screens, I haven't seen any changes in the functionality of the app. What does the paid version have that the free one doesn't?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I thought it was stated that it would completely cease working once expired.

Mine expired as well but appears to work after canceling the nag screen, so I have the same question as you.

3. A.Nonymous

I could justify $5 if the app was not working altogether. $5 just to get rid of a nag screen doesn't seem worth it to me.

4. A.Nonymous

I hate to top old posts. I'm guessing no one has any input on what exactly happens with PowerAmp when it expires besides the nag screens?

5. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Maybe you could look at it as rewarding a decent developer rather than getting rid of a nag screen. The dude does good work.

6. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member

Well come on, don't be so mean! $5? It's a fantastic application, just send the man some money.

7. A.Nonymous

Damn you reasonable people who are in favor of supporting developers.

8. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

If any features are removed once the trial expires, but you have to scratch your head to figure out what those features are... then they're obviously not important features to you anyway.

Supporting developers makes sense to me, particularly if you want high quality apps being put on the Android market.

9. lava9611

lava9611 Active Member

As I said in another thread, just buy it! I am cheap, but come on. $5 for the best media player on Android?!?! Why not give compensate the developer for his product?

I recently read an article ( IPhone users more likely to buy apps than Android users - Mobile Marketer - Research )that states, according to research, Android users don't pay for as many apps as iPhone users. To keep having quaility apps available to us, we need to make our developers successful. Once I read this article, I for one have made a pledge to quit being such a cheap b and pay for the quality apps that I use.

Just my 2 cents.

10. wrigglesworth

wrigglesworth Well-Known Member

I don't know what iphone stuff is like, but there's not much android software that I would pay for! In many cases I feel like a beta tester. PowerAmp is in a league of its own though, and $5 is a bargain, I wouldn't begrudge double that.

11. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

The developer responded to this on his forum.

14 day trial, full features followed by 14 day nag, full features, followed by deactivation of all features.