What are the specifics to making an icon?General

Last Updated:

1. OXM_Chase

OXM_Chase Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know you have to save the image as a .png but I'm wondering what else there might be to it if anything. Also, can it be a .jpeg as to not take up as much space instead? Thanks for any feedback

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

3. OXM_Chase

Yeah I looked at that but I was thinking of just taking an image and using it as an icon. Do I just save it to my SD card and select the image when I open Better Cut? I haven't downloaded Better Cut yet so I don't know what the process is to changing the icons.

4. entelechy3

entelechy3 Well-Known Member

Better Cut's pretty user-friendly. you can use just about any image as an icon using it, and you can even use it to crop existing images down. you might end up having to play around with it to make the final icon look good, but if you're going to use Better Cut, I don't think you need to worry about image format/size/etc. At least I haven't had any problems thus far, and I haven't bothered keeping the images I've used consistent formats/sizes.

5. OXM_Chase

Alright thanks a bunch. I'll give it a go and see what happens

6. OXM_Chase

Why doesn't the icon change the default one? When I go to settings the icons I've changed are the same as if I never touched them. It's annoying cause you get use to the new image rather then the default one.