What are the true benefits of 2.1?

Last Updated:

1. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Title says it all..

Since many of us have rooted, installed Roms and have just about every app/aspect of the new 2.1 OS, what will actually be better or even is better by running 2.1? I know flash support will be 2.1-based, but haven't really heard of anything else that many of us do not already have, save maybe a truly functional 2.1 launcher...

I do know it's not worth losing root over to even try(to me anyway), so I will most likely wait for a cooked 2.1 ROM after the official release. I'm a little leery of running a "leaked" OS. Blame that on my Blackberry days:rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Pete has a 2.1 ROM based BB that I have just installed - and I still have root :p

Only thing is that Pete has ripped out Launcher 2, so the LWPs are not really live. Gonna see about getting Launcher 2 in there and then seeing what the real hubbub is all about.

After that, possible a metamorph to make it pretty, and then app testing (this is gonna be a long night for me0....

3. taz55

taz55 Well-Known Member

you bring up a good point. if i am running a 2.0.1 rom will they be able to make flash work on it? or will i have to use a 2.1 rom to make that work one day.

4. johnlgalt

Not sure on this one - depends upon how integrated into the system Flash support is - but my guess is that they would be able to rip it out of an existing 2.1 ROM that supports Flash and put it in a modified 2.0.1 ROM....

5. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I don't see the point in losing root for 2.1 when i already have all the features of it. Now if they bring it out with flash support I might reconsider. That's if the devs can't figure a way to port flash over

6. johnlgalt

Lol - if 2.1 comes out it won't be long before a dev has a rooted 2.1, so you won't have to worry about losing root, unless you absolutely positively cannot live without flash (which, *I* can).