What are the various software identifiers?

1. The Stimulator

The Stimulator New Member

Hi there,

I have a Motorola Defy on Vodafone UK, that has just had the Froyo update. I think this is the right location to post my question because I don't think it is phone specific.

I would like to get rid of the Vodafone software and use the UK retail version, as then my phone would work as advertised. Unfortunately I get confused by all the different software identifiers on my phone, and wondered if someone would be kind enough to explain what bits could/should be updated.

When I look at Settings/About Phone I see the following

System Version: Version.34.904.4.MB525VF360Blur.Vodafone.en.GB

Firmware version: 2.2.2

Baseband Version: EPU93_U_00.59.02

Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-gb08c3c8vfcj78@zch68lnxdroid50 #1

BPflex version: UCAJRDNEMARAB1B80AA03A.0R

APflex version: GAS_EMEA_USAJRDNFRYOVFGB_P021

I think I'm starting to understand a little about rooting the phone, but whilst I can look after my Windows PC, I am not a software writer, so don't want to have to go too far.

I'm just trying to get a bit more more understanding before I do anything stupid.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Hi and welcome to the forum.

In order to alter your software, it requires root and this process is device specific.

I'll move this over to the Defy - Root forums where you can get the proper response

Thanks,
    Shawn
  3. jd5150

jd5150 Active Member

for rooting the easiest way is superoneclick which can be easily found by googling it. for uk retail motoblur you need to download from here sbf:defy [And Developers] but if your trying to remove all the bloatware that comes with blur then you may aswell flash a custom rom. they can be found here TheUnlockr | Archive | Motorola Defy ROMs hope this helps