• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What are these partitions for?

svz235

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2012
So i keep getting the low storage notification and even though i clear my cache and Uninstall apps, the message stays and i feel like these partitions are the culprit and i was wondering what they are and if they are safe to wipe

Attachments

• 1437378399075.jpg
    1437378399075.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 166
Well all i can say is that I got the low storage problem after flashing frosthax1's v3 backup, his swapper mod didn't work with my phone as I was unable to access my internal memory so i restored my backup and thats when I got the low storage problem. I didn't know what to do after that so I did an RUU and began from scratch

Upvote 0
you can manually do the mod but my backup should be fine.its always a smart plan to format your internal and external cards and factory reset clear out cache dalvik cache and then try my backup.its worked fine for some and not for others.this is an issue with your phone not reading right.something is corrupt and holding up the process as everything should be properly erased and rewritten with the backup.both me and knoober seem to run my backups fine.your not alone though.remember flashing anything is at your own risk.might also help to flash on a full battery too.

this isnt my first time someones said theres something wrong with my processes.ive had that happen when i helped people flash psps in the old pandora days too,but only a handful reported bad feedback and thousands flashed successfully.

needless to say i would not send people things that wouldnt work for me.i do put my device on the line for this
and i only recreated the error you all see once using my backup until i made sure i wiped the caches and factory reset and all and tried again.so ergo my conclusion is its something with the phone and not my backup

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones