• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you 3 favorite things to do with your Eris?

Just use a VNC application for this. On my parents' Mac, at their house, I have VNC turned on (you can download UltraVNC or WinVNC for your windows computer), and I have the port opened on the router for it, and a password behind it. My phone VNC's with no problem. Perfect picture and speed. And it's free.

I found UltraVNC which seems to be free, but can you explain how to access the PC from the Eris? THIS IS VERY COOL!

Upvote 0
ofthedamned......what money manager app do u use and where do u download your books from??

I use Easy Money it is one of the best I have tried on any platform and the developer is always updating it. It has been updated 6 times since I first installed it. The only thing it is really missing is desktop software to sync with.

I get ebooks from all over and use Calibre to convert them for the Aldiko reader. Some of my favorite sites are:

Free Ebooks
Many Books
Project Gutenberg
Scribd
Nowhere land
Daily Lit
Know Free
The eBook directory
Get free ebooks
Fitctionwise
ebook mall
Planet Ebook

There are also some search engines that work too:
Data-Sheet
PDF Geni
Pdf Search Engine

Some sites will have all free content and some have a mix of paid and free.

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for several months now and I think I've handled it more than the inside of my hands.

1 First, this gives me access to just about any information I ever want. On a practical level -Locations, numbers, details of businesses (Google Maps); product reviews (GameSpot <3, etc.); this forum... On a more pedantic level, if I idly wonder what hemoglobin does, I can easily find out. If I can't remember who the antagonist in Les Miserables was... you get the idea.

2 Text messaging and email. I put shortcuts to several people right on my home screen. One tap and I'm composing. ANd I used to think digital watches were a pretty neat idea. It really is too bad that this unit performs so very badly as a mobile phone. My free Sony Ericsson flip phone from 2004 was much, much better for traditional calls. At least this has a usable speakerphone.

3 Music with Pandora, my SD card, and every once in a while, Music Online (I don't download from that because it's both stealing and certainly illegal, but I don't think occasionally streaming songs there is a problem). Video from YouTube, ripped movies, etc. Books on Aldiko, the standard from which all other readers should be built. I'M talking to YOU Barnes & Noble.

Re Google Sky Map: It may be the perfect marriage of impressive and useless. SUre, it has the potential to be great, but I wonder what percentage of its usage is people using it to show off what their phone can do. More than ninety-nine, I suspect. Still, I can't make myself delete it.

T9 forever!! Matt

Upvote 0
I've had this phone for several months now and I think I've handled it more than the inside of my hands.

1 First, this gives me access to just about any information I ever want. On a practical level -Locations, numbers, details of businesses (Google Maps); product reviews (GameSpot <3, etc.); this forum... On a more pedantic level, if I idly wonder what hemoglobin does, I can easily find out. If I can't remember who the antagonist in Les Miserables was... you get the idea.

Re Google Sky Map: It may be the perfect marriage of impressive and useless. SUre, it has the potential to be great, but I wonder what percentage of its usage is people using it to show off what their phone can do. More than ninety-nine, I suspect. Still, I can't make myself delete it.

Matt

Hey Matt, I couldn't agree more on the above two! I have everything I need in the palm of my hand at all times including my office computer if I need it. It's really incredible. My husband is getting pissed that I take it to bed while he reads! I tell him I'm reading too, it's just on line; not happy!:D

And I feel the same with Google Sky Map! Can't bring myself to delete it; about once a week I open it to see what's in my night sky. Just a cool tool. Now if you could track the space station live on it, that would be awesome!

I can't say enough good things about this phone. I don't seem to have any of the problems other people have. No lag, no problem with dialing by accident; etc. It could be a bit faster with getting on line etc with 2.0 but I am still assuming we'll get that.

Upvote 0
my favorite things to do with my eris are as follows:

1. browse the market... literally everyday i find something new

2. use what the doodle, shopsavvy, and eBuddy to have fun, save money, and chat it up, respectively.

3. take it out to fine, respectable restaurants and after take long, romantic walks on the beach with it... my eris knows i treat it right

Upvote 0
So many things to list.. now what do I like to do the most..

I use the Market quite frequently to download, rate, try out new apps and contact developers about issues and bugs.

I do not have an actual Internet or WiFi around where I live, so PDANet works wonders to use my Mobile Internet as Internet for my Laptop! Which is sooooo coooool.

The Google Market doesn&#8217;t work well for keeping track of updates for your apps you have downloaded, so I frequently use aTrackDog to find and update my installed apps.

Here is a forth one, just because I can!

The stock Alarm Clock. A mans gotta be on time to work!

Things I do not use on my Eris are...

The actual stock Phone; I never call no body! lol

Upvote 0
So many things to list.. now what do I like to do the most..

I use the Market quite frequently to download, rate, try out new apps and contact developers about issues and bugs.

I do not have an actual Internet or WiFi around where I live, so PDANet works wonders to use my Mobile Internet as Internet for my Laptop! Which is sooooo coooool.

The Google Market doesn&#8217;t work well for keeping track of updates for your apps you have downloaded, so I frequently use aTrackDog to find and update my installed apps.

Here is a forth one, just because I can!

The stock Alarm Clock. A mans gotta be on time to work!

Things I do not use on my Eris are...

The actual stock Phone; I never call no body! lol
I use the alarm clock too, but it is not very loud.

Upvote 0
I love everything about this phone, but my top 3 things that I love about it are...
1) Ebay app, keeps me updated with what I'm watching, bidding on and selling
2)Agenda canledar, keeps my life on schedule
3)Pocket PC, love having the ability to surf the web from right inside my purse.

GPS navigation will be in the top 3 if/when we get it!!

EDIT:I just remembered that I dowloaded some movies onto my phone. This feature will be #1 when taking a road trip with my 5 yr old twins!! lol

Upvote 0
Make phone calls.

Text.

Browse the internet.

Ok, I also like to leave it out in front of me at a restaurant for people walking by to see. I'm careful to leave it awake and on my beautiful home screen with the big clock and cool background for all to notice and be impressed by. They're probably all thinking that "wow, this guy is so cool.. what a great phone.. I want a table near his and to have his babies and stuff."

Upvote 0
Ok, I also like to leave it out in front of me at a restaurant for people walking by to see. I'm careful to leave it awake and on my beautiful home screen with the big clock and cool background for all to notice and be impressed by. They're probably all thinking that "wow, this guy is so cool.. what a great phone.. I want a table near his and to have his babies and stuff."

Oddly enough, that is how I met my girlfriend.:p

Upvote 0
Make phone calls.

Text.

Browse the internet.

lol, that's awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones