What are you calling it then?General

Last Updated:

1. iloveroman

iloveroman Member This Topic's Starter

Been the proud owner of my streak for a whole week now and i've been having a lot of fun trying to tell people what it is. "it's my new phone thats like a ipad but is really it's a smartphone made by dell that I now use instead of my laptop. Nevermind. Look, it's really shiny"

After a couple of meandering conversations, I've evolved to 'it's a tablet phone'.
    But i'm curious as to how u find yourself describing it? Got anywhere with mid, tablet etc? :)

Advertisement
  2. perpetual121

perpetual121 Member

After quite a few raised eyebrows when I say its my phone, I now simply say I love retro and the sizefactor all of a sudden isn't such an issue...lol

Its causes amusment amongst my friends but then again they all love the tablet functionality. As long as you don't mind holding such a device to your head for phone conversations it does become the ideal solution as a smartphone. Or more presicely those who love 'content consumption' on the go, you just can't beat the 5" screen.

3. perpetual121

perpetual121 Member

EDIT: sorry double post

4. Rhysd2

Rhysd2 Well-Known Member

Mines called Bob

seriously though :p I dont really think about what it is or isnt called. I just know I love the extra screen space and everytime someone spots it that hasnt seen one it attracts alot of interest.

5. skunkonkrunk

skunkonkrunk Active Member

I call it my tablet. Its great for content on the go, videos and all my music etc. Gotta love the browser, and using some of the GPS apps when I go mountain biking is really great.

But its my tablet, my Samsung Wave is my smartphone, which gets changed every couple of months anyway :p

6. sleepycat64

sleepycat64 New Member

Phablet......

7. Ritacca

Ritacca New Member

I call it an iBeast. Although i do like the irony of it being called a dell mini.

8. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

Could be worse, it could be the Dell Maxi. Don't think that was discussed? We've got an iPad, don't we?

9. Mr Reman

Mr Reman Member

I just call it a PDA phone. People seem to accept that if it's a PDA then it's going to be bulker than their latest greatest Zippo lighter sized phone.

The one thing I am getting sick of though are idiots seeing it and saying "WOW !!! Is that the new iPad?". I tend to say "No, This is the device that iPad owners WOULD have bought if they were bright enough not to follow the marketing lead herd !".... That tends to kill the conversation. :)

10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

I call her Vera.... :D

11. versp

versp Active Member

People when they first see it try and laugh at it, telling me I'm stupid for buying something this big. As soon as they have it in their hand they've forgotten about how stupid it is and now think it's awesome.

12. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I might call it "Fred" :confused:

He is a coworker that sits next to me and is a Fruity fanboy. He was dying that his upgrade date was still a year away and didn't qualify for the "advanced" upgrade until all the news about the device being defective started. Now he is sort of happy with his 3Gs with ios4 installed. :D

13. Mr Reman

Mr Reman Member

?????
    What have I missed here ?

14. Desmodronic

Desmodronic Active Member

I believe he is referring to the iPhone 4.

15. Mr Reman

Mr Reman Member

Ah, OK.
    I was getting a little worried there. :)

16. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

That is correct, I was referring to "new and improved" Iphone4, so if I was a little vague :D, sorry. I hear that the new model now comes with a free roll of duct tape and Duct Tape stock is up 20%, maybe Apple is going to buy them out so it can be listed as an official "accessory" ;)

17. iloveroman

iloveroman Member This Topic's Starter

18. CrashCursor

CrashCursor New Member

Mine is called "TMA-2".

It can't be called "TMA-1" because that is buried on the Moon - we just haven't found it yet.