What are you currently reading?

Last Updated:

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

3 days? Damn son, lol. Those are some thick books. And the only reason I can't rank them higher than sword and NA is cause I don't know how it ends. Rothfuss likes to take his time too.
    Once series is finished then I will TRY to compare to the others. All in all 3 of the best series I've ever read

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

You won't regret. Well except for fact that he will take awhile getting the third out.

BTW, check his site/blog out. Dude is a riot
  3. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Aggreed
  4. Skorpios1027

Skorpios1027 Frell me dead VIP Member

Just checked out his blog - definitely a fun read.
  5. blkbeltkid17

haha yeah he is
  6. Rooferkev

Rooferkev Well-Known Member

Forgotten Realms - Dissolution
  7. OutlawImmortal

OutlawImmortal Well-Known Member

Currently rereading the wheel of time series.
  8. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Terry Brooks - Armageddon's Children
  9. Mac_Leod

Mac_Leod Well-Known Member

I just finished Star Wars: Conviction, the latest in the Fate of the Jedi series.
  10. Emmexx

Emmexx Well-Known Member

Re-reading the Dresden Files in preparation for the July release of Ghost Story.
  11. blkbeltkid17

sounds like a good idea to me
  12. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

from NightAngels and Rose's posts I picked up and started reading Legend by David Gemmell, part 1 of the Drenai series. Havent gotten a lot of reading time yet but I'm about two thirds in on the first book and its been a pretty good read so far.
  13. NightAngel79

Trying to wait for the whole series to come out before I start it. What number is that one?
    I waited for Legacy AND Yuhzman Zong(can't remember name of series) to be released before I ever started them(not to mention swarm war trilogy which was good in its own way).

It keeps getting better and better. I disagreed with some of his writing style but the stories were off the chain
  14. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Currently reading Dark Delicacies 2: Fear. Edited by Del Howison & Jeff Gelb. Its an anthology of horror short stories. The first few stories have been pretty good.
  15. keatingschick

keatingschick Well-Known Member

Reading "Scream for Me" by Karen Rose, and when I have finished I am going to read "Die for Me"....nothing like a bit of light reading!
  16. ballisticn8

Finished Legend, about halfway done with book two. Gemmel's writing style is nowhere near Rothfuss, Weeks, or even Goodkind. I dont know how to quite pin it down but he seems a lot more basic where as the previously mentioned authors seem to be able to weave a story together much better. Not trying to dissuade anyone from reading him, from what I've read so far his books have been great to read.
  17. Gavisann

Gavisann Well-Known Member

Stephen King - Under The Dome

only 300 pages in.
  18. NightAngel79

Good explanation... and your right, i cant quite pin it down either and i read the entire denai series (12 i think)

It was nothing like the other authors i've read for sure but an excellent story in its own right. wasn't happy with the continuity of the books at times. you will see what i mean though.

they still get my official seal of approval:D
  19. blkbeltkid17

i just pre ordered the new dean Koontz book Frankenstein the dead town
    ballisticn8 likes this.
  20. ballisticn8

Thx for this post, lol, I had read the first three Frankenstein novels and really enjoyed them, I wasnt aware that the fourth had been published nor that the fifth was slated for release, lol...

EDIT: According to Amazon the fifth book was released 5/24/2011. o_O
  21. blkbeltkid17

ahhh man you gotta step it up man
    and i only knew of it because i saw a comerical for it on TV haha
  22. ballisticn8

haha, maybe we both have to step it up, see my edit above ;)
  23. blkbeltkid17

We both fail o well lol
  24. ballisticn8

Has anyone picked up Steven Ericksons book series about the Malazan? I have it but havent started reading any of it yet and was just wondering. Currently I have just finished reading book 2 of the Drenai series by Gemmel, going to hold off on book 3 for now to finish the Frankenstein series (books 4 & 5) by Dean Koontz.
  25. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

The Lincoln Lawyer - Michael Connelly