What are you currently reading?

Last Updated: 2015-03-19 16:07:07
  1. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

I have nothing to read
    First suggestions is the next book I buy and read
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Are you interested in dark fantasy? I came across a trilogy by Brent Weeks called "The Night Angel Trilogy" that looks really interesting. It has a 5 star rating on B&N with over 250 ratings (which is difficult for any book).
  3. NMMI89

NMMI89 Well-Known Member

The complete Sherlock Holmes collection, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Game of Thrones.
  4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Those books are great. Just ask NightAngel :p
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Ahem.....
    <------looks at user name, lol.

What you reading there days player
  6. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

7. Vihzel

I don't see the connection. :p
  8. NightAngel79

You to then should check out my name sake :D
    <------ completely ignores Vihzel:p
  9. Sak01

Sak01 Well-Known Member

I see that you're 79 years old. Am I missing something?
  10. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I just added the trilogy to my amazon wish list for Kindle. Next gift card that comes my way or overtime at work will mean I get to buy it. :)
  11. NightAngel79

[​IMG]
    :p:p

You really should, it is THAT good. Also anything by brandon sanderson, mistborn trilogy and all his stand alones
  12. Vihzel

Halfway through Running with Demons and things and the story is really starting to roll along! It was a bit difficult to get into as the first chapters or so we kind of uneventful aside from small events here and there and a lot of explanations but now things are in pretty much in place and hopefully more action. There were already two events that made cringe... graphic details. hehe

Something I found a little odd that there's a creature called tattermedalion. In this book, they're referred to simply as forest creatures but in the Genesis series they're known as Faerie creatures. Hmm...
  13. Gary Friderichsohn

Gary Friderichsohn Active Member

into audiobooks lately. Finished Steig Larsen's "Girl..." trilogy not long ago. Keith Richard's "Life", Just this morning finished Jules Vernes "The Blockade Runner". I liked Verne as a boy, but had never heard this. It was short and interesting. I am going to listen to some things I just never got around to before: Great Expectations, HuckFinn (at least not for many years) but first listening to some short, but interesting things like "Over the Top". I am also periodically reading, yes actually reading, a collection of old, classic science fiction short stories.
  14. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

Thnaks I just ordered it from Amazon :D
  15. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Desert Spear by Peter Brett. Here. I really enjoyed The Warded Man, this is the second in the series.
  16. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

I'm a big Tom Clancy fan and currently reading Without Remorse.
  17. NightAngel79

How many books total in the series? Is it still being wrote? Think i almost started reading warded man once.......
    Never did get into reading TC. Always here mixed reviews on him.....
  18. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I think it's going to be a trilogy. Third isn't out yet, to be honest I haven't looked up anything on the series since I read the first book. There could be news on the third.
  19. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Weeks also wrote The Black Prism. I thought it was rather good. The first of a series. I'm looking forward to the second one.
  20. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

Books 4 and 5 of the Dean Koontz Frankenstein series were pretty bad ass. The only book out the 5 that I didn't think was great was book 2, a little slow IMO.
  21. Vihzel

Finished Running with the Demon finally and going to start The Knight of the Word. The book started out slowly (I think it was a bit difficult for me knowing what happens in the Genesis series) but then became quite thrilling with one thing happening after the other. At times it was a bit overwhelming because so much was happening in a short time frame. Great start to the trilogy and not exactly what I expected. There were just so many surprises and revelations that it kept you on your toes. hehe
  22. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Star Wars Legacy of the Force Betrayal.
  23. NightAngel79

GREAT book, great series as well. I was pissed by a couple of the events of that series though
  24. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Just started this series after reading most of the books from the Old Republic. Skipped Red Harvest as I don't think reading a horror Star Wars novel will be something that keeps my interest.
  25. NightAngel79

Yea haven't bothered with death troopers either..... New Jedi, legacy, dark nest were EPIC!! Its when they FINALLY started collaborating between authors for better continuity...

Not gonna start 'Fate' till its finished i think