What are you currently reading?

1. ReadyForICS

ReadyForICS Member

Think and Go Rich by Napoleon Hill. It's probably the best self-help book I've came across, but does not mean it's not as hokey and eye rolling as more modern books. Still some good stuff in there though.
  2. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member Contributor

I have herd of this lol and I agree with you lol
  3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I'm in dire need of a new thriller/suspense book. Anyone know of a good one?
  4. blkbeltkid17

Not really my type of read sorry
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

You ever read Heat by Patterson?
  6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Negative, but it'll be my next purchase.
  7. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

Just got done w "The Prince of Thorns", the author currently escapes me but its a great bloody messy violent anti-hero revenge story. :-D Highly recommended, more bloody vicious goodness than the night angel series IMO.
  8. ballisticn8

And for what its worth robopocalypse was very entertaining as well I thought.
  9. julietmoss2011

julietmoss2011 New Member

I am currently reading pride and prejudice. A good book, i love the book because i really appreciate the heroines in the book.
  10. NightAngel79

Prince of Thorns? It sounds interesting... too lazy to google it but if you think of author let me know.

Think i might re-read sword of truth since the first book of new series is out now... if i ever finish 'lord of the isles'
  11. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

It is?? Thanks Nick. Appreciate that info. I'm picking up Heroin Diaries from the library today but I'm going to look this up. I loved Sword of Truth.
  12. NightAngel79

Yes, Omen Machine (a richard and kahlan novel) was released last tuesday. Love that Goodkind really puts his books out quick:)

Sword was possibly the greatest books of all time. Faith of the Fallen was the most powerful book i've ever read. Sword probably deserves its own thread in here, i could go on and on about how utterly awesome it is

Terry Goodkind: The Official Author Website
    Skorpios1027 and ballisticn8 like this.
  13. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I was enthralled with that entire series and want to get the rest of the books I don't have so it's a complete set for my daughter to read in a couple years. So I understand how you feel.
  14. ballisticn8

Mark Lawrence is the author of Prince of Thorns, gonna have to look into Omen Machine, SoT was a great read.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  15. blkbeltkid17

I am reading the assassin's creed back story books
  16. eddyhartley

eddyhartley New Member

I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I can't put it down! Good thing there are 2 more in the series.
  17. NightAngel79

Been wanting to read that series for EVER!! Need to get to it before they make the movie, lol
  18. ballisticn8

pretty sure that was already done...

yup, all three films were already made, swedish language.

the english version with daniel craig looks like it could be pretty good though! :)
  19. NightAngel79

yea, not much of a subtitle fan (plus i guess i'm biased that US version will be better, lol)

plus I'm WAY behind on my reading
  20. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

I liked the first one, bought and never started the second. I should probably get on that, but grad school is starting back up :/
  21. Black Rose

Black Rose Well-Known Member

Manifold: Time by Stephen Baxter
  22. blkbeltkid17

I herd that was a good one how you liking it
  23. ballisticn8

Without going into any detail (spoilers) I just finished The Omen Machine, the book was good, but not SoT good, a little slow maybe and the ending just pissed me off.

I would still recommend it to any SoT fans though, dont get me wrong.

Oh well, on to Heaven's Shadow now by David Goyer I think...
  24. NightAngel79

Really... interesting... i'm guessing it will be the start of another series though
    ballisticn8 likes this.
  25. ballisticn8

lmfao, thats what made me hate the ending ;)
    NightAngel79 likes this.