What are you guys doing for cases?

Last Updated:

1. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So what cases are you purchasing with the Droid? Holsters or cases? Also does it come with one?

Thanks,
    s-one

Advertisement
  2. Kamilli0n

Kamilli0n Well-Known Member

I bough a black leather type case from vzw. Probably won't use it much because of the media and car dock

3. mattparmely

mattparmely Well-Known Member

I got the "Snap-On Gel COver" it was the cheapest at 16.99 but actually the best one IMO. I don't need a clip or holster. It is really nice and feels really cool! everyone I have shown likes it alot.

4. s-one

s-one Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the responses. Matt did you buy that at vw?

5. quixand

quixand Well-Known Member

I got the snap in vzw holster. It's Seido quality. VERY pleased with it.

6. billd

billd Well-Known Member

I ordered these:

Body Glove Rubber Snap On Cover with Belt Clip - Looks cool and I like holster cases.
    Leather Side Pouch - Technically, also a holster but not as cool, but it covers the entire phone, which will make it good for throwing the phone in a duffel bag, which I will sometimes want to do.

How many case threads do we need? Can we merge some of these?

7. v-6 nolo

v-6 nolo Well-Known Member

got the clear VZ one, like it so far, but since the front and back are separate to allow sliding, i feel like if i drop it the case will pop off.

8. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

Typing from my Droid right now :)

Anyways I got a clear hard case and I have to say I'm loving it! In
    fact it already has several scuff marks on it! But hey that's the point! :) this thing with a hard case and a screen protector is dy-no-mite! LOL!

9. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

I got the gel snap on cover at VW, the $16.99 one. Plan to return it as it greatly increases the profile of the phone. Not sure there will be a case that doesn't. Also, it tore while I tried to install it, didn't feel very sturdy. For now I'll enjoy the phone naked until more options in cases come out.

10. Peytongirl

Peytongirl New Member

Hi,

I'm a little klutsy so can anyone recommend a place to buy protective (less impact) covers for my new Droid?

Thanks.:eek:

11. edaw104

edaw104 Member

i have the body glove hard rubberized case. It's great but i would like to take the belt clip off and carry it in another case. Problem is that i cant find a case to fit over the phone with the body glove on:confused:.. Any find a case that fits??

12. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

is your keyboard more resistant to pen and close with it? mine is with the BG case. also its a pain to get out and back in

13. edaw104

edaw104 Member

it is a little bit harder to open and close but i kind of like that. I think it makes it seem more secure. the other problem i have with it is that it makes the top keys harder to use. and your right it's super hard to get off. i made my own dock so i don't need to take it off . one of the times i was putting it on it split the whole side of the phone open, didn't seem to do any damage, it all snapped back together

14. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member

same thing with me, i thought i broke the phone and almost threw a rage haha.. the keyboard backside is being rubbed by tab directly underneath and behind it when its opened. im thinking about shaving some of the plastic off to make some clearance for it. or see if i can find another case just like this one that fits better

15. gadgetmom88

gadgetmom88 Well-Known Member

I bought an HTC side leather holster case from Best Buy. It's made for the Touch Pro 2, but the Droid fits well inside with the gel case on it. Good luck.

16. The Antagonist

The Antagonist Active Member

I ordered the spring clip holster from the vzw website. Screen faces in and it supposedly has a sleep function like bb. It comes by fedex today, so I'll post my impressions later. I had the bodyglove snap on case with belt clip. I liked it, but I use the dock accessories and it would not fit without snapping the case off every time.

17. Jack007

Jack007 Member

I got the spring clip holster and the build quality is on par with the one I purchased from Seido for another phone. It allows for quick access, good protection (except for the camera which faces out), and doesn't add any unnecessary bulk to the phone itself.

18. Charlie.Masone

Charlie.Masone Active Member

I bought a holster and a car charger on ebay for $7.58 including shipping, they work fine.

19. edaw104

edaw104 Member

thanks i'll go give it a try

20. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

21. edaw104

edaw104 Member

let me know how that works out because it's already starting to dig into the laminate under the keyboard on my phone

22. Nate

Nate Active Member

Moved to Droid forum. Perhaps you will have better luck here. Droid guides can merge as necessary.

23. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Get the replacement plan, it will lessen the impact on your wallet when your klutz side kicks in ;)

24. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

Ha, that was great! :)

25. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

The site fommy.com is the only when I personally found with a selection. The vzw stores also carry the body glove case.