What are you guys waiting forGeneral

Last Updated:

1. volcanicstrad37

volcanicstrad37 Active Member This Topic's Starter

While I am not having any major problems with my Eris after rooting and such I am feeling the want for something faster and maybe bigger. I'm not sitting on an upgrade either so it's not like I am in a hurry. But I wanted to know what phones you all are waiting for to knock the Eris out of your pocket.

New phones in March or this holiday season?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I know the feeling.. seeing the Droid X and Droid 2 out there, the Galaxy S (whatever version Verizon ends up with), etc.. then I look at my little ole Eris.. :D

I must say that my Eris has been a very nice introduction to the world of Android devices; I intend to keep it for at least the first year of the contract, up next January.

But yes.. a larger screen, faster processor is in my future. ;)

3. voch

voch Member

I'm planning on jumping to an Incredible in the coming weeks as the first 10 months of my 1-year contract are up. Debating between a 2-year contract on the Incredible or another 1-year...we'll see if my Verizon rep through work can get me a deal (but I doubt it...the Incredible is a hot phone right now).

4. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

I have to wait for my contract to expire so around next november ill be getting the top of the line verizon phone :D

5. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member

Question. Since you all have this phone you all have verizon right? I've been having the same eagerness to change my phone once my contract is up. I got my eris on the 23rd in Jan. with a two year contract. Is next Sept. (20 months from now i think) the earliest i can get a new phone for the discounted price? Or is there a way to get a new phone earlier. I don't care about contract year cause i'm fine with staying with verizon.

6. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Pay full price and get what ever you want.

7. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

if you are the main line (on a family plan i think) then you are eligible for a new phone once a year or the main line can transfer the upgrade to you if you are not. that is how i do it. i get a phone every year and my mom just uses the same dumbphone for 2 years until she can use my upgrade. :D

8. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

If I'd somehow managed to acquire a junky Eris, as some who report in these forums say they have, I'd have already done that exact thing. But I got a good one.. I like it. ;)

9. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Me and the wife got our eris's for free mine's a little buggy the wife's is prefect not one problem.I will live with them for two years till LTE comes out.

10. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting for our early upgrade and then see what's available. Hopefully the selection has improved since then. Sadly the Incredible is looking like the best Verizon phone right now. I has high hopes for the Samsung, but it's looking like it's going to be missing a few features. Can we please have a phone that has all the bells and whistles but is not the size of an Ipad?

11. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

I would switch out to a faster device in a heartbeat if I had the chance. For someone like me, the Eris gets the job done once its rooted, and has been a fairly good experience. But if I want to take full advantage of Android, I'm going to need something with a little more power behind it.

I'll probably wait for about a year. By then, we'll see tons more powerful devices out than we got right now.

12. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

My Eris does what I need it to do the only thing I miss is a physical keyboard. I can upgrade at anytime with a $100 credit but I am going to wait to see what happens during the Holidays. I was looking at the Fascinate but it looks as though the Verizon version will not have a physical keyboard. With talks of Dual Core processors it going to be interesting what happens.

Luke

13. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

you have very strong will power. it is taking everything i have to not buy a new phone now at full retail!! if i had a 100 dollar credit then there would be a droid2 in my pocket right now... but alas no upgrade until december. lets hope the holidays bring phones worth the wait!!

14. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I didn't know that. I am on a family share plan and I'm the main account owner. I guess 5 more months for me. Like most people said this is my first Android phone and it been swell but with technology improving phones I would like a faster phone. Maybe like the Incredible or that new phone leaked on Engadget that look like a Evo 2 but by Verizon made by HTC.

15. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping next year Verizon will release a 4G Android smartphone and let users whose contract expires that year to do an early upgrade.

16. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

If I was having issues with my Eris then I would buy the D2 or I would give Verizon a chance to send me one for my Eris. :p

17. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

I gave up last week and bought a D2. Even rooted and overclocked the eris is a real dog compared to the D2. I finally can experience Android the way it was meant to be not to mention use the phone as a phone without lag. I rooted the D2, but just to remove bloatware and use Wifi Tether.

18. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

19. mslam02

mslam02 Member