• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you using Dropbox for?

Nunley

Dec 4, 2009
I've found it a little difficult to transfer files to my android phones with a mac. I also have other apple products, iPad, iPod Touch... (don't be a hater they make great stuff) Transferring files between them has been a logistics nightmare and I really don't like plugging in the usb connector every time I want a file off of my desktop or emailing it and hoping that it hasn't been resized by gmail. The only other app that accomplishes this is Evernote but it's not too great for photos.

I've been using dropbox to transfer wallpapers and pdfs mostly. It works great across platforms! The android app allows for opening the file and directly setting your photos as wallpapers. How is everyone else using it?

Ok I understand now how it works. It is its own 'SD' card so to speak. You use it like a storage media without the need to save it somewhere else. I am loving this thing really I'm going to get my kids using it too for homework, typing projects, etc now they use thumdrives this is a super convenient tool to have. Haven't been this impressed since Google Voice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones