What are you using Dropbox for?General

Last Updated:

1. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've found it a little difficult to transfer files to my android phones with a mac. I also have other apple products, iPad, iPod Touch... (don't be a hater they make great stuff) Transferring files between them has been a logistics nightmare and I really don't like plugging in the usb connector every time I want a file off of my desktop or emailing it and hoping that it hasn't been resized by gmail. The only other app that accomplishes this is Evernote but it's not too great for photos.

I've been using dropbox to transfer wallpapers and pdfs mostly. It works great across platforms! The android app allows for opening the file and directly setting your photos as wallpapers. How is everyone else using it?

Advertisement
  2. Incredibleguy

Incredibleguy Well-Known Member

How do you save files in your dropbox on the incredible? I see how to set photos as contacts. Where is the option to save to sd card?

3. Nunley

Nunley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think dropbox is trying to function as ADDITIONAL storage to your phone and sd cards. You can open and access dropbox files via available applications but (I think) the point is offline storage and syncing.

4. Incredibleguy

Incredibleguy Well-Known Member

Ok I understand now how it works. It is its own 'SD' card so to speak. You use it like a storage media without the need to save it somewhere else. I am loving this thing really I'm going to get my kids using it too for homework, typing projects, etc now they use thumdrives this is a super convenient tool to have. Haven't been this impressed since Google Voice.

5. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

You can also install apps through Dropbox.

6. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member

NES and SNES