what are you using for mp3 transfer

Last Updated:

1. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What is everyone doing to transfer itunes from your computer to your phone? I just added an easy phone app (which worked) but I also have double twist on my computer. I couldn't get double twist working earlier which is why I got the app, but now both are working. Anyway, what is everyone else doing?

Advertisement
  2. Daedalus

Daedalus Well-Known Member

I am using MediaMonkey to transfer music.

3. dzine2fit

dzine2fit Well-Known Member

Even if we sync the songs to the phone some songs dont show up or play, I think its cause they are copyrighted or locked by apple. How do we get those working?

4. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

I use good old fashioned file explorer. Just open the phone in windows and drag and drop. I made a folder on my SD called music and put my files there. Simple and no additional software.

5. rifter

rifter Active Member

+1 I do the same, though, I have called mine media, and have 1 labeled music, 1 labeled video, and 1 labeled books, to keep my media in one spot.

6. dissident75

I over simplified it actually, but I do basically the same. I have a folder called media, and nested are video, audio, photos. Then I nested various categories for music in that folder, but I think I'm a bit old school and anal about my file sorting process :)

7. drybin

drybin Well-Known Member

I use iTunes Agent... its pretty easy to install and if you have a nice and organized iTunes library, as i do, then its a sinch to sync all your playlists and drag and drop mp3s.
    ggoogle it and download!

8. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

You can use iTunes. Just found this.
    I havent yet, but will be using this. Just not sure if it has to be transfered to the SD card or if you can put it on the phone. Looks to show SD card in example.

How to sync the Samsung Vibrant with iTunes - Know Your Cell

9. VegasTouch

Does it have to go on your SD card or can it go on Phone? I just dont have a SD card yet. And if it has to go on card, do you have to configure anything to make it have album covers and such or does it even do that?

10. dan0zone

dan0zone Well-Known Member

Or just use the sync feature on windows media player ............
    Drag n Drop then Sync .... even album art , been doing this since the G1 , and what's odd ,it's never mentioned any where ,, it's so simple .....

11. junglizste

junglizste Member

why anyone would use iTunes on windows if they didn't have to is a mystery to me. It passable on a Mac but it's just downright dreadful on a PC. I gleefully uninstalled it, and manually deleted all of it's leftover crap as soon as I got rid of my 3GS. So many better programs out there for organizing, ripping and playing media.

As for music sync, I just drag and drop with explorer and amazingly it won't duplicate songs or make me wait through an hour of downloading album art and determining gapless audio playback information.

12. dissident75

I've wondered this myself. If you have no ipod why use itunes? I imagine its just familiarity with the interface or the mistaken assumption that you NEED software to manage a collection. Thank you apple once again for necessitating unnecessary software.

However if you feel the need for software I think it makes sense to use an opensource piece like song bird. Its free like android and open source.

Just my 2 cents.

13. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to do this so badly but my Windows Media Player will not retrieve my MP3s!!!! I have no idea why it doesn't recognize them.

14. fangorious

fangorious Guest

I want to use the same app on all my machines, I like shuffle-by-album, I like sorting my library by album by artist, I prefer the way iTunes organizes the files on disk. I turn off the automatically download album art setting and drap/drop and album cover image. But you know that those items like scanning the library for downloading album art and gapless are a once-and-done thing, then it's incremental as you add new content, right?

15. Cycrow

Cycrow Member

I'm in the process of just putting my mp3's onto the phone since the sd card had avatar on it and it took up alot of room

16. VegasTouch

Because i have 1,200 , catagorized songs by Genre and Album w/ album art in iTunes. If i can get it transfered easily and catagorized i would be stupid to try anything else that would take much longer to do.