What are your favourite things about the EVO?

Last Updated:

1. YouNoAsian

YouNoAsian Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Forums have a tendency of becoming cesspools of dissatisfaction. I would love to hear what everyone likes about their "superphone".

Advertisement
  2. jadoe05

jadoe05 Well-Known Member

I love the fact that it does everything that I expected it to do and does it well. And if I think of something more I want it to do, I can find a way to make my Evo do it. Truly awesome.

HTC EVO FTW!!!!

YouNoAsian likes this.
  3. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

Other than the fact that iPhone users just seem to stare at it in envy when I use it in public?

4. apocalypse_later

apocalypse_later Well-Known Member

If I had to pick one its a toss up between text-to-speech and 4G. Granted, 4G doesn't work everywhere in Chicago, but coverage is slightly better since launch.

5. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

Google Navigation with Street View, beautiful 4.3" screen, kickstand...and many more

6. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

The screen.

7. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

^this, although the screen could have been a bit better.

I feel connected with this phone much more so than I did with my 3G and 3GS phones, too. Which is a good thing.

8. NYR99

NYR99 Member

Umm, not me. I happily returned my Evo for the iPhone 4. It wasn't until I got the iPhone until I realized how much better iOS is than Android. It is like night and day. Camera is all much better on the iPhone as well as the display.

Oh ya, I also don't have to charge my iPhone 2-3 times a day.

9. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

you just have to hold it with two fingers while standing on one leg just to get a signal

sorry, couldn't resist :) not a hater/fanboy, just sayin' (still love my iPod Touch)

10. Roddy

Roddy Well-Known Member

seems you still have some "connection" with the Evo since you are "yet" in the Evo's forum!! LOLOL..

At&t suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

I love the way it vibrates when it's in my front pocket. MMmmmmmm. I KNOW it loves me and I wish I could return the affection.

12. Kelita

Kelita Well-Known Member

It's really hard for me to choose just a few things. I love everything minus the battery life. The weather app within Sense UI amazes me. I love to watch the clouds float by my screen. :p I love the size of the screen, the many apps in the market, voice to text, etc. etc. Just love it!

13. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

...and you're still here because....

14. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the screen. Internet on cell phones finally has a purpose. It can actually be read!

Even used the kickstand to watch world cup games (on my screen) during work using the 4G network!

Also love the novelty of the EVO right now and the looming clear 4G networks.

15. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

Obviously you didn't get the memo about what this thread is suppose to contain.

16. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

It just works. Even left handed.

17. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

Love the Sense UI with the various Scenes that can be added. That blew me away, endless customization. Love the weather/clock widget. Love the People, Messages and Email widgets, love the screen resolution. Speech to text accuracy, HDMI, Kick Stand (surprisingly). Absolutely love 4g when I can get it.

Love Qik live video feeds as well.

Oh yeah and the automatic text formatting of the screen. Makes mobile web browsing worthwhile as I always refused to scroll back and forth for each sentence. BRILLIANT!!

18. TPT

TPT Member

Bigass screen.

Also, 4g that I don't have coverage yet.

19. mtrajano00

mtrajano00 Well-Known Member

Big screen, able to multi task, 4G connection, and its just really a great phone. First time as an android user!

20. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I love how it grants me three wishes even if one of those wishes is for an iPhone.:p

21. marriedman624

marriedman624 Well-Known Member

I love that fact that I can customize it to no end. My wife was complaining that mine doesn't look like hers and all my stuff is different, but I said, "That is why I bought it, so I could make it how I liked it."

Also, love that fact that there is a lot of truth in the saying, "There's an app for that." (sorry if that was an inappropriate iWhack reference). If you want your phone to do something, go to google type what you want and the android. Chances are there is someone out there that has developed an app to help you.

and I don't even have 4G yet and can't get any reception where I work for 3G. So I don't even get to use the phone like I would want to.

22. NYR99

NYR99 Member

While many people do have signal issues, I luckily do not. Sprint is definitely better than AT&T though, no doubt about it! Sprint or Verizon needs to get the iPhone!

23. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member

haha truth..

Why are we discussing the iphone in a evo thread? If anyone wants an iphone, and are a fan of apple controlling your phone and what you can do with it, jump on board. But this is not an iphone forum.

I love my evo because of the screen size and that sexy processor. My hero was great, and the evo is everything that was, but better :D

24. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

1. The screen size (primary reason for not getting the iPhone 4)
    2. Google Maps with Navigation and Satellite imagery and detailed TTS directions
    3. Highly-accurate Speech-to-Text which is great for texting when you shouldn't be.
    4. Visual Voicemail