• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are your oldest and still working smartphones ?

I use my OG Moto Droid for 'bird radio', does that count? It's just hooked up to wifi and runs Tunein radio all day for my parakeets but I bet the darn thing would still work if activated. It's a tank.
It definitely counts, I've seen many people using theirs old phones for radio or music, as long as those devices can still be charged or used on wall adaptor.

Upvote 0
Can I get Android 6 on this? It was very smart in 1987 :D

dynatac.JPG

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate bought it when it first came out, OEM battery is still working, and phone has about a 40% charge as per the battery manufacturer's recommendations for "cold storage".

It was reactivated a few months ago, when a family member "lost their phone"... how do you do that? totally just loose it?
let them use it for a couple of weeks, then they got a replacement... and it went back to sleep again.

My 2nd oldest is my current S5 which is about 30 months old, it is being used right now as an Emergency Backup to my Note 4 which I killed by leaving it in the sun on a truck dash :(

hope to have that one running in a short short.... once I get the new battery in the mail.

Reactions: lvt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones