What are your SW/HW Versions?General

1. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

There's so much to love about the OE; NFC, 3.5" screen, 480x320 resolution, the sleek size, 5MP camera w/flash, Gorilla glass ...

Some folks have no issues with the phone.

Others, like me, have severe problems with 3G battery life, WiFi/BT conflicts, GPS inaccuracies while 3G active.

For the folks having no problems, what are your SW/HW versions?

For the folks having problems, what are your SW/HW versions?

We have 5 LG Elites:

Baseband version : VM696ZV5-M8655L-AABBQMLYM-414005
    Kernel version : 2.6.35.11
    Build number : ZV5.GWK74
    Software version : VM696ZV5
    Hardware version : Rev.1.1

TWOS: less 5%

Advertisement
    :
  2. Murf1

Murf1 Well-Known Member

3. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

Hi Murf1, thanks for the reply.

Yep, we could turn off 3G when not on WiFi, but turning off the 3G doesn't solve the problem; it only mask the symptom.

We bought an Android phone so that we (my family) can connect to the internet anywhere there's a 3G signal. Plus, we use Google's Latitude to stay in touch with our children's location and they ours. However, we have been turning off our 3G when we are not moving about.

Our LG OVs will last 14+ hours with 3G enabled. Our OEs last 7+ hours before the 20% mark. I think there's a HW issue with the 3G. I'm guessing the problem is related to the antenna somehow. I've got no proof; just a guess.

Thanks again! :)
  4. Artine

Artine Well-Known Member Contributor

You also have to take into consideration the ROM and the physical battery itself, and their respective capacities and efficiency. 3G, 4G, and 4GLTE, have notoriously been a battery-draining process for all devices since their inception, if I'm not mistaken. It simply requires more power to use, and therefore battery juice drains quicker when on the network as opposed to the easier alternative, WiFi. For example, I only use 3G when using Maps Navigation, because there's no other reason I personally should be using it. WiFi for everything else, and my device keeps it's juice for a long period of time.
    Also, if it's of major concern, be sure to be using JuiceDefender.

That being said, my software version is VM696ZV4, and hardware revision is 1.1.
  5. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

Hi Artine, Thanks for the reply.

When compared to the LG OV, the OE's 3G battery life is dismal (14+ hours vs 7+ hours). Both are 3G and we loaded the same apps from the OV to the OE. Use them in the same locations (school and work). All things being the same, I would expect the 3G battery life to be the same +- 10% battery life on both phones. I do thing the OE's battery life on WiFi is superior, but I haven't done measurements.

Thanks again! :)
  6. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

My software version is VM696ZV4
  7. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

My apologies for dredging up my own old thread.

I've long ago return my 5 OEs to BB because of the 3G battery life issue and the Bluetooth/Wifi conflict. I've kept checking the newer threads for signs that OE had gotten a HW update. I was hoping that by now, LG would have released an updated version of the OE. Does anyone have a newer HW or SW versions than these?

Software version : VM696ZV5
    Hardware version : Rev.1.1

TIA!
  8. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

Aside from software update from zv4 to zv5 there have been no updates hardware or software wise that would be a sign they are trying to resolve any 3g or battery issues
    Starcruzer likes this.
  9. giantpune

giantpune Well-Known Member

There have been changes to the hardware in this phone between April and September. They did do something different around the proximity sensor area and it is noticeably different on the outside of the case directly over the sensor. But the phone still reports the same hardware revision.
  10. Starcruzer

Starcruzer Guest

Is there an easy method to detect the "newer" version from the original. I'd assume the "older" models are still in the system. I'd like to give the "newer" version a try and report back on the 3G battery life and Bluetooth/Wifi conflicts.
  11. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

I assumed it was just a cosmetic change with housing to help proximity sensor work better.