• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what are your top ten apps.

seriously saps, with as many apps as you have, i could go to app brain and pick ten random apps and you'd have atleast 7 of them! :p

^He has a good point :)
LOL:p. Well supposedly there are 100K apps now and by percentage I have less than .002% ;).
Seriously though its a joke, I probably havent used half the apps I have in the past week. I could maybe do a little house cleaning, especially of the free ones and get rid of anything I havent used in the past week or don't anticipate using in the next month. I bet I could give the boot to 20-30 that way easy.
Self-admitted app-addict

Upvote 0
LOL:p. Well supposedly there are 100K apps now and by percentage I have less than .002% ;).
Seriously though its a joke, I probably havent used half the apps I have in the past week. I could maybe do a little house cleaning, especially of the free ones and get rid of anything I havent used in the past week or don't anticipate using in the next month. I bet I could give the boot to 20-30 that way easy.
Self-admitted app-addict

Sounds like we need a new support group!

Upvote 0
Sounds like we need a new support group!
LOL :p Yeah the difference is no one is addicted to borking. That's a more of a support group for suffering. An app-addict group would be more akin to the classic 12 step program based stuff. Having said that, you won't get me to join :mad: Im intervention proof when it comes to apps ;)

Apps, apps, my precious apps
gollum_and_ring.jpg

I bet you guys didnt think I was this pale huh :p

Upvote 0
LOL :p Yeah the difference is no one is addicted to borking. That's a more of a support group for suffering. An app-addict group would be more akin to the classic 12 step program based stuff. Having said that, you won't get me to join :mad: Im intervention proof when it comes to apps ;)

Apps, apps, my precious apps
gollum_and_ring.jpg

I bet you guys didnt think I was this pale huh :p

actually....yeah...yeah i did

Reactions: saps
Upvote 0
That made me laugh harder than I should. We may be a bit off topic, but dang I love this place XD.

That is exactly what I'm doing now... Lmao so hard playing multiplayer that I can hardly play the damn game :D

"Reckless Racing". Get ready to spend $2.99 and laugh your ass off. This is my Top Ten Apps all rolled into one.

I'm "MegaDyneSystems". I'm hosting a game under "Laugh your ass off". Use your forum names. See y'all there.

Upvote 0
Those do sound good Kaessa. I wish my computer could run iTunes again without overheating and BSOD's bombarding my face though. Man I need a new computer (just need to get parts for it haha).

On a different note, has anyone tried Autostarts by Michael Elsdorfer? It's supposed to show the apps that run on your phone on startup and if you're rooted you can disable some to speed up your boot time. I might give it a shot because my boot time is sort of slow (although quicker after settting SetCPU to start on boot saps :cool:)

Upvote 0
Those do sound good Kaessa. I wish my computer could run iTunes again without overheating and BSOD's bombarding my face though. Man I need a new computer (just need to get parts for it haha).

On a different note, has anyone tried Autostarts by Michael Elsdorfer? It's supposed to show the apps that run on your phone on startup and if you're rooted you can disable some to speed up your boot time. I might give it a shot because my boot time is sort of slow (although quicker after settting SetCPU to start on boot saps :cool:)
Believe it or not Im not familiar with that app. I still just use SystemPanel to see what runs and doesnt but this load at start up ones are interesting. I seem to have a proportionately quick boot I think Im 52 seconds from power button push to puzzle lock screen. I think its mostly because I've unbloated most of verizon's junk. In fact if I didnt have the custom screens and sounds I almost wonder if I'd be faster. Still I only reboot on purpose rarely

Upvote 0
Believe it or not Im not familiar with that app. I still just use SystemPanel to see what runs and doesnt but this load at start up ones are interesting. I seem to have a proportionately quick boot I think Im 52 seconds from power button push to puzzle lock screen. I think its mostly because I've unbloated most of verizon's junk. In fact if I didnt have the custom screens and sounds I almost wonder if I'd be faster. Still I only reboot on purpose rarely

Yeah I have SystemPanel but I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. I'm sure the boot up would be a lot quicker without a custom screen. Before I had my custom shutdown, I took the verizon one out and had nothing and it would shutdown a lot quicker.

Upvote 0
OK since this thread got bumped Im going to bump my own re-re-revised list:D. According to appbrain I now have 186 apps :rolleyes:
In no particular order these are the ones I use the most the past week or two:
Handcent
SetCPU
RootExplorer
Math Workout
BW
Android Hackers System Tool
ShootMe :D
GRave Defense Gold
SwiftKey although I just went back to Swype again
xda

Upvote 0
My top ten sets:

1. PrinterShare (paid): wireless printing
+ HP iPrint for printing color photos
2. Google Maps
+ Mapion Maps for Japanese places
3. Aedict English/Japanese dictionary
+ WWWJDIC dictionary (bigger vocabulary but needs kana input)
4. ES File Explorer: manage files/programs; can transfer files wirelessly to computer
5. Aldiko e-book reader
+ Laputa -- Aldiko is a better reader, but Laputa has bigger free sources
6. Amoeba text editor: easiest cursor movement and file management
7. Google Sky Map: now I know I am living in the future
8. iheartradio: seems to have everything, but has a tendency to crash the whole phone if I exit too fast
9. Marine Compass -- it stays level no matter how you hold the phone
10. Unit Converter (Wopnersoft): huge list of units, easy to use

Upvote 0
Some useful ones that haven't been mentioned

_Save my attach (because the Gmail app is stupid and will only let you preview attachments that aren't pictures, forced to use browser to d/l)

_Adobe Photoshop Express - spruce up your pics a bit before MMS

_TripIt - fwd your travel confirmations (airlines, hotels, car rentals) and it puts it all together in a neat itinerary

Upvote 0
Titanium Backup Pro - Currently saving my bacon after a wipe.
AppBrain - Pick apps from a website and they automagically download to my phone? Nice!
ShootMe - Perfect for a screenshot addict like me.
SoundHound - I was using Shazam, and had the unlimited version, and when I switched phones it didn't remember and only gave me 5 tags. Tried SoundHound and fell in love. Much more accurate, and gives info on ALL the albums a song is in. Shazam only showed the latest, which didn't do much good when you were trying to figure out the year the song was released.

Upvote 0
Apps:
Mentioned a lot: Appbrain, dropbox, google maps/navigation, pandora, facebook

Audio Galaxy- Streams your music on your comp to your phone.
Daily Bible- Daily Bible verse
Cam Scanner- Take a picture of a document and email it to yourself
Life Stories- Stories compiled from FML, TFLN, and a lot of others
MicDroid- Auto-tunes your voice :)
Phandroid News- Love it
Printer Share- Print stuff to a wireless printer
Smooth Calender- Awesome widget
Spring Pad- Notes, to-dos, awesome.
XiiaLive Lite- Satellite radio

Games:
Angry Birds
Cubes
Speedx
Robo Defense
Fruit Ninja
Duck Hunter
Deer Hunter
Beats

Upvote 0
Well since I started the thread here are my current ones.
Weather & toggle - paid
Smartkeyboardpro - paid
google maps - free
pandora - free
Dolphin browser hd - free
Handscent - free
wordwise pro - paid and free version available
google voice - free
my files - included
google navigate - free
gmail - free
fruit ninja - paid

Upvote 0
My Tracks (great in woods)
Shootme ( Able email My tracks pic to my brother so he could see where I was)
Pandora (constantly)
Backgrounds
AppBrain
Buzzbox (like the widget to read headlines when standing in line)
Euchre
Lightning bug (Covers the noise of my 19 yr old when he stays up all night)
Old time radio (love Jack Benny)
WFMY Radar ( Has the best weather radar)

Upvote 0
Trip It- set up your Trip It account, register your email address at Tripit; forward confirmations for rentals, flight, hotel, etc. Trip it puts main information (flight time, conf#) on the calendar and full detailed info like phone#, address, websites, etc by clicking the event. It even estimates arrival time at the hotel from the airport and lists hotel check in/out times.
Blik calendar widget- the best widget (I use horizontal). It lists 14 days of appts. by day and is scrollable to later in the week. Lots of settings, tap widget to access settings or calendar to see day, month etc. I have used 6-8 calendars and this by far is the best.

Upvote 0
Don't think this has been mentioned. I found a new game on AppBrain that is a lot of fun.

(No, I have no affiliation with this game)

Squibble Lite.

Give it a try. Most games besides Angry Birds and Robo Defense are boring to me. This one was a lot of fun and challenging. I don't buy apps (OK BW doesn't count) but I will probably buy this one when the full version comes out.

Cuda

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones