• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What attracted you to Galaxy?

Lelouch

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2010
Kri
So like the name of the thread states, what attracted you to Galaxy and to buy the unit?
Love @ first site, Android platform, or some other reasons just name it.
Your first experience and impressions also.

Well for me it was like this:
I wanted to buy another phone with Wi-Fi, after some reconsideration I also wanted a phone with 5MP camera. Thru reading various forums about smartphones and dummyphones, I decided to go for a smartphone (my first one is Galaxy :p ). Thinking to choose between Windows Mobile or Android platforms, I choose the Android platform. Little googling thru the internet, I saw the Galaxy and immediately fall in love with it. Ok, it wasn't state of the art smartphone then (bought the unit a month ago), but still I loved it then.

I'm still loving it now even with it's limitations. :p
I think, I will remember this phone long after I stop using it, because it was my first smartphone.

NOTE: more to come...

At the time it was a choice between HTC Hero and Samsung i7500.

Samsung won me with AMOLED and pure Android (I expected Samsung would push updates faster than HTC, because they would have to update their own interface, and I thought the phone would work faster with stock Android).

I was so wrong ) But I am content with AMOLED and huge internal memory.

Upvote 0
At the time it was a choice between HTC Hero and Samsung i7500.

Samsung won me with AMOLED and pure Android (I expected Samsung would push updates faster than HTC, because they would have to update their own interface, and I thought the phone would work faster with stock Android).

I was so wrong ) But I am content with AMOLED and huge internal memory.

this, at the time of purchase for me it was brand new to o2 uk
at the time i had a 12m contract so ive just moved on but ill never forget that phone, its been emotional

Upvote 0
Well Galaxy initially came as a second choice for me. I had opted for Spica but then there was some problem which the service guys could not repair. They returned me the cheque and happily I opted for Galaxy. At that price/performance no other phone existed here in India.

I wanted to give Hero, Legend a look but NO $$$$.

Anyways Im not complaining. Im loving it. Its my 1st of many SmartPhones...So its always going to be special :p

Upvote 0
I knew i should stay away from samsung, but fter 18 months with Nokia N95 (great phone!) I had to try android and didnt want to wait no more.
looking back, the galaxy is not a good phone, but i prefer it over the N95 overall, only because its android.
I can't wait for HTC to announce some new devices and to move past samsung

Upvote 0
First Android phone on O2, which is the only provider with coverage round here. If it had been just the Samsung effort, it would have gone back within 2 months.

I was hoping for an open source journey though and got one!

What surprised me was the speed of phone development spurred by the Nexus one. My wife has replaced her iPhone with a Dell Streak (fits in handbag you see) and is not looking back! Especially since the seamless download of 2.1 a few days ago.

Roll on next August when I get to pick from the delights available then...!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones