What bluetooth device do you use with your Hero? Does it always connect correctly?

Last Updated:

1. elguapo76

elguapo76 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In light of some issues a few of us are experiencing with bluetooth failing to connect correctly and draining our storage space, I was wondering what bluetooth devices always connect with the Hero and which ones fail sometimes?

I will start with mine. I have the Jabra SP700 speakerphone. It only connects 80% of the time.

Advertisement
  2. phone*guy

phone*guy Well-Known Member

I have a Parrot CK3100...My Hero syncs to it about 75% of the time for phone calls. It doesnt work at all with voice mail or voice dialing...My last 2 phones did so its the Hero.

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I have the Motorola H17 Dual cell bluetooth headset. Pretty cool since it allows me to connect two phones to it.

Previously, I had the PlanOn Printstik mobile thermal printer and it connected and printed well. but I had to return that unit since I mainly bought it to connect my laptop while traveling and it just did not want to connect with the laptop.

TS out (finding other things to connect to it)

4. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

I have Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth headphones, and a Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth stereo headset and have had connection problems with both. I found I would get the best results by turning the headphones on first and then turning on the Bluetooth on the Hero, but even then I would not always get consistant connections or a "multimedia" connection. If they connected at all they would usually only operate as a "phone" Bluetooth device, and music/podcasts would continue to output through the Hero's external speaker.

I was also having the storage memory (ROM) leak problem that was recently apparently traced back to the Bluetooth-failure-to-connect issue on the Hero. Since that discovery I have factory reset and not used Bluetooth at all. I have not leaked any storage space since. So be careful you are not losing storage space each time to try to connect Bluetooth and subsequently turn off the Hero. There are other threads on this if you are interested...

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...cumented-video-may-cause-fatal-sms-issue.html

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/12303-low-space.html

Oh and both bluetooth devices, the Moto and the Plantronics, worked on my previous Windows Mobile device so it is not the headphones.

5. dornier

dornier Well-Known Member

Hi,

My Sprint Hero usually connects for calls, but unless I reset the bluetooth on the phone, it won't play music / podcasts via my Parrot Mki9100. Running the latest firmware on the Parrot and never had a problem with the Pre and the Parrot Mki9100.

Hopefully HTC will fix this!

GP