What Bluetooth Headset(s) Do You Use?

Last Updated:

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haven't seen a recent thread on this lately so I'm curious what Bluetooth headsets you guys use out there? Rate 'em 1-5, link 'em too if you can!

I currently use:

-Plantronics Discovery 975 5/5
    -Plantronics Discovery 925 4/5
    -Aliph Jawbone2 4/5
    -Plantronics Voyager 520 3/5

1. Plantronics Discovery 975. I've got 2 of these actually one for my PlayStation 3 and one for my Droid. It's the main Bluetooth headset I use these days. Sound quality is excellent. It sticks in your ear with no hoop, is comfortable to wear for long periods of time. It comes with a little leather case with a battery built in so that you can recharge the headset up to 3x when away from AC power. Has a little LCD panel to show you charge of both devices. (Infinitely easier than deciphering how many blinks equals what battery charge!) Best voice. You may see them on this seasons "24" as it's the headphone of choice at CTU :)

2. Plantronics Discovery 925. Earlier version of the 975. Great for call quality, battery life etc. Comes with same little case. Design is a little different but it gets the job done. No LCD screen on the case. Mainly used with my work Blackberry. Uses MicroSD charger, so you get an extra for your Droid!

3. Aliph Jawbone2. Much smaller than the original. Very tiny and chic. Great sound quality (it uses a little nub to detect vibration in your jaw to know when to isolate outside noise (using it's patented NoiseAssassin) so you could be on a crowded street and still be pretty clear. Only downsides are the battery life isn't amazing and the proprietary charger plus it only comes with a USB. (Becoming less of an issue these days as I'm starting to acquire a ton of AC USB chargers)

4. Plantronics Discovery 520. My original work Bluetooth headset. Does a decent job but is a little bulky. The ear hook makes it a bit uncomfortable to wear for long periods and not quick to get on. Has a proprietary weird shaped charging port. Battery life was average if that.

Advertisement
  2. PetiePal

Shameless bump :)

3. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I'm using the Plantronics Voyager PRO. Good call quality. Good battery life. People tend to hear me better when using the Pro than w/out it. Have worn it for hours w/ no discomfort. Have even forgotten I'm wearing it.

Yeah some characters on 24 are using my headset also. The main IT guy is that keeps trying to hookup w/ Starbuck. I'm starting to think Plantronics is a sponsor.

Plantronics Voyager Pro Bluetooth Headset | Superior Performance

4. drgonzo

drgonzo Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about posting a similar thread.

My question is about stereo bluetooth headphones not just single ear pieces. I've been thinking about getting a pair of Jaybird's that can handle stereo music and phone calls and can also be paired with multiple devices. Seems pretty cool my only worry is that the sound quality for music won't be good enough.

Has anyone tried the Jaybirds or any other stereo bluetooth headset that can also handle voice. I would hate to spend upwards of $100 on a pair of headphones that only sounded ok.

Heres a link to the jaybirds I'm talking about.
    Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Headset Headphones : Wireless iPod Nano Touch Headphones : Wireless Computer Headphones : Mp3 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones : Jaybirdgear.com

5. cconover

cconover Well-Known Member

I use the Motorola H12. I absolutely love it. Looks good, very comfortable, audio quality is good, and I haven't had any reports of people having any issue hearing me on the other end. Plus, the battery life is excellent. I use mine every day, both in and out of the car, and I haven't put it on the charger in 10 days with no issue.

6. PetiePal

I know nothing about the stereo headsets. To bed honest I rarely use my Droid as a music player.

So the Voyager Pro is good? I looked at that one but remembered how uncomfortable behind the ear Plantronics devices were for me in the past.

7. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I only use bluetooth in my car and use the Motorola T505 (not a headset but a great speakerphone). It does allow me to stream in stereo from my Droid to my car radio using the builtin FM transmitter. I picked it up for about $80 - a great deal.

8. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member

I used to have a Motorola H800 which was a beast. A BEAST. Then this past summer I got a BlueAnt z9i. AWESOME.

9. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

+1 plantronics 925

best headset i've ever had in terms of comfort and sound

10. PetiePal

Yeah I really love it for my work Blackberry. I think it actually fits a hair better than the 975. Maybe I should switch the ear gel from that one to the 975 as they changed it slightly it looks like between models. (the style not the size :) I know the 975 comes with multiple sizes.

11. CobaltDragon

CobaltDragon Well-Known Member

I have the Plantronics Voyager Pro, but I've only used it once. The only time I don't hold the phone to talk is in the car, and I usually prefer to just use speaker-phone in that situation. It is a very good headset, though, and I got it for only $45 when Verizon was having a sale.

12. PetiePal

Yeah my car has Bluetooth built in and it works like a dream. Calls come in and I just hit the button on the steering wheel, excellent sound and mic etc, but while I'm working (I'm in IT) it's easier to have my hands free :)