what browser do you use on your phone?

1. Tiffany01

Tiffany01 Well-Known Member

what browser do you use on your phone?

Advertisement
    :
    ardchoille and dontpanicbobby like this.
  2. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Moved to Android Applications for better exposure.

I had been using Chrome for a while, but I recently fell in love with Boat Browser. I like the way Boat does text reflow - text is reformatted upon zooming, alleviates side-to-side scrolling.
  3. doc1964

doc1964 Well-Known Member

Plus one for Boat and again, because of the text reflow. Makes browsing less of a chore.
    ardchoille likes this.
  4. tonetwo

tonetwo Well-Known Member

Dolphin. The Evernote and Lastpass add-ons are HUGE time-savers for me.
  5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I currently use the stock browser but all this talk about boat browser has piqued my interest. Thanks for the interesting post Tiffany01.
  6. funpig

funpig Well-Known Member

Stock on phone because of limited memory. Boat on tablet because of text wrapping. For me my only minor annoyance is that I have to turn the flash plug-in either fully on or fully off depending on the video. In past versions, the browser did it automatically.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Dolphin. Its fast and scrolling is really nice :)
  8. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member Contributor

Currently Chrome but it's not the best. I haven't actually tried any others yet; I just haven't got round to it. I might have a look at Boat.
  9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I use Opera mini, seems to work faster with my poor data connection speed I 'enjoy' at work.
  10. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

I use the stock browser. Went through Dolphin, Boat, Firefox Beta, Chrome Beta, and Chrome.
    I enjoyed Firefox Beta and Boat the most from the ones I've tried (aside from the stock browser).
  11. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I use Dolphin beta because I like being able to organize my bookmarks like a desktop, I sync mg bookmarks with Google, and it supports flash.

I've read that it no longer supports flash but I have the latest version of beta and it still supports it on my device.
  12. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Stock to Chrome to Firefox to Naked. Dont use phone much, just my Nexus 7, Naked on both. FAST
  13. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Chrome does that for me but only on full sites, not mobile.
  14. ardchoille

If I remember correctly, Opera Mini sends everything through Opera's servers and compresses data for speed.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  15. funkylogik

Yeah mate. I used to use it. From Java to Symbian to Android :)
    It doesnt do downloads though (or didnt when i stopped usin it)
    I have better data speeds and faster phone now but therel always be a place in my heart for Mini :)
    dustwun77 and ardchoille like this.
  16. funkylogik

Think im gona check out Boat again. Sounds like its one of those browsers thats really improved since its early days like Dolphin has.
    Does it have full screen option? (No status bar or address box)
    lexluthor likes this.
  17. ardchoille

Yes, Boat has a full-screen option. It also has a nice customizable toolbar - a slideout triggered by the arrow button at the right of the bottom menubar.

EDIT: The address box is part of each tab, so that but doesn't hide.
    funkylogik likes this.
  18. funkylogik

Mmm i like it. Its faster than Dolphin for me and the text wrapping is really slick. Wish it had that luxurious feeling u get when scrolling around a page with Dolphin but it seems really good :)
    Is there a way to quickly toggle user agent between Android and Desktop without goin into settings?
  19. funkylogik

Just noticed Flash doesnt work for me with Boat. Anyone else (on JB)?
  20. thangfish

thangfish Well-Known Member

Opera Mini, because it is the fastest browser available (text reflow too, boat guys). Downloads ok too.

Dolphin for all sites that don't work well in Opera mini, via Browser Switch.

I want to like Firefox because it's so good for windows, but the Android version is the slowest browser I have ever tried. Can't believe how bad they failed with it... so far anyway.
  21. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

I like Boat browser.
  22. funkylogik

Whats Browser Switch mate?
    I use Firefox for certain sites where flash wont work on Dolphin like Bbc iPlayer. Used to use it as default browser but got sick of having to reinstall the fullscreen add-on grr :)
  23. aemi

aemi Member

Opera Mini. Ditched Dolphin Mini, because of their GPS permission. Why would a browser need that anyways?
  24. funkylogik

I duno man :confused:
    Doubt id ditch a decent app just because it has permissions to use a hardware unless it was actively using it without askin me :thumbup:
  25. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

On phone I use stock & Dolphin. On tablet I use stock, Dolphin and have been trying Firefox Beta but may try Boat for the phone & tablet.