what browser do you use?

Which browser do you use as your primary browser?

1. Stock browser (Chrome)

73 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. FireFox

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Skyfire

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  4. Dolphin HD

43 vote(s)
    34.1%
  5. Opera

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. Bhelios

Bhelios Well-Known Member

Dolphin HD (which I love on my DInc) is a FC festival on the Xoom... stock browser is solid and fast.
  2. CKwik240

CKwik240 Well-Known Member

So far, I have issues with all of the well known browsers.

Opera - keeps going to mobile versions of sites even though it is not set to.

Stock browser - has issues viewing parts of my school website.

Dolphin - keeps having problems when I go back into the browser. Also had problems with items not showing up.

Firefox - the no flash support does suck but if its temporary its not a big deal. But I also could not type in the text box to post in this thread either. This forum comes out in rather low Res too.

So until one of these companies fixes these concerns, i'm going to need at least 2 browsers. :-(
  3. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

I first used about:debug to set chrome to desktop mode. I noticed many web sites including facebook with some enhanced feature not render properly. Now I change it to I pad mode, it works better and faster.
    jcash3 likes this.
  4. pflol

pflol Well-Known Member

Dolphin MINI is great, really fast. I couldn't use dolphin HD b/c of the FC's when you restore.
    LunchBB likes this.
  5. LunchBB

oh wow, I just tried dolphin mini, it is really fast. I set the user agent to I pad and it loads facebook quick too. What about just the dolphin browser? Anybody try that?
  6. dvandam

dvandam Well-Known Member

I found that Dolphin HD functions a lot better if you actually close out of it, as opposed to just hitting the "Home" button to get out. So far that's been the browser of choice for me now.
  7. LunchBB

Dophine Mini is super fast in rendering the page and scrolling up and down.
  8. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

9. carstarwr

carstarwr New Member

I got my xoom about 3 weeks ago and I am using the stock web browser and it works OK. Are there any recommendations on a browser that works better with my xoom?
  10. Arun01

Arun01 Well-Known Member

I was liking Dolphin for pad but they never update it.So I'm back to Dolphin HD.
  11. Kuchiku

Kuchiku Member

I am using google chrome. Sometimes chrome becomes too slow that's when I use opera. Havent tried dolphin :)
  12. LunchBB

I just loaded up Miren Browser. It's quite a good one. fast page rendering. The best I like is how it handle screen real estate with the feature called Smart Full Screen. I really like it.
    marctronixx likes this.
  13. demank

demank New Member

I am using dolphin pad currently...
  14. mrao

mrao Well-Known Member

Have been using Opera Mobile now or some time...on my Xoom as well as my phone (Galaxy SII)...kinda prefer it to Dolphin and stock
  15. Cam

Cam Well-Known Member

Since the ICS update, I've been using ICS Browser+. It's a modified version of the stock ICS browser with a few slick added features.

Android Market Link
    aviator and marctronixx like this.
  16. burtie1980

burtie1980 Member

I just started using ICS browser + as well.... pretty good so far, only a few extra features but hopefully there will be more :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. ToyotaTacoma

ToyotaTacoma Well-Known Member

Posting this from Google Chrome on my Xoom, it is pretty cool. Worth a try if you are on ics.
  18. Ehrgeiz

Ehrgeiz Member

- I can only dream of what ICS looks like on a real Xoom tablet. As for myself right now, it's Opera, Firefox, and stock browser. Not bad at all for a Webkit client, the stock.
  19. gibbs1984

gibbs1984 Well-Known Member

Opera is far and away the best imo, no checker boarding or white screen when scrolling, extremely fast, desktop mode for literally everything, and the way it handles bookmarks are the best too.

Only downside I suppose is that I wish it had tabs.
  20. idic

idic Well-Known Member

There's a better version -Quick ICS Browser. It has all these features plus many more, eg. option to customise quick controls and add and remove many options, as well as to have different ones at top, middle and bottom of the screen. Eg I can change user agent by swiping in at the top of the screen, and pressing one button. Great, and gets good updates too.
    OutOfPhase likes this.
  21. mjpartyboy

mjpartyboy Well-Known Member

I'm a long time user of Dolphin HD on my Desire, but I'll give the stock browser a chance when I get my Xoom next week, as it appears to be more like Chrome than pre-Honeycomb native browsers.
  22. mjpartyboy

I set up the Xoom last night, but it's reporting a problem with Chorme data synching, so I haven't been able to check how well it has implemented my Chrome bookmarks, etc.
  23. mjpartyboy

How did Google release Honeycomb with a browser that doesn't have a persistent user agent option?!

So I've got this great wide screen device and am stuck with mobile sites, which is really annoying when it's a mobile site that doesn't have a link to switch to the desktop/full site version.

Whilst about:debug is a workaround, it reverts as soon as the device goes on standby.

I like the Honeycomb stock browser compared to the one in previous versions of Android, but it looks like Dolphin will be going on the tablet, so I can control user agent when needs be and the Chrome sync feature isn't working to make that useful either.
  24. D Stickitinsk

D Stickitinsk New Member

Chrome (Beta) all the way.
  25. mjpartyboy

Since going GED and ICS, I have been using ICS Browser +. It's basically the stock browser with some additional, useful functionality that Google should have included in the stock browser, such as a persistant user agent option. It also expands on the existing gestures feature, including some customisation.

I will check out Chrome for Android later. I've always been surprised that Google haven't tried to bring their Chrome experience to Android sooner, since I got my first 2.1 phone.