• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What bullshit is this. I thought they hold the phone for 24 hours?

Tiako

Apr 20, 2010
The guy told me 3-7 days and I have been waiting forever. I leave town for a day and they call me telling me it is in. I told them I would be back tommorow and they said they could only hold it until tonight. Then they tell me to pop in tommrow and just pick one up.. All the other stores in town have been off the damn list system for a few days and I still have been unable to get one.

The guy told me 3-7 days and I have been waiting forever. I leave town for a day and they call me telling me it is in. I told them I would be back tommorow and they said they could only hold it until tonight. Then they tell me to pop in tommrow and just pick one up.. All the other stores in town have been off the damn list system for a few days and I still have been unable to get one.
I know how you feel. That really sucks. I'm from New Jersey, I was on a waiting list as well. I ended up leaving for Baltimore MD. I got lucky and found me 1 Evo 4G in a Sprint Corporate Store. She told me I had 15 minutes to get there. I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my Evo. I was on the waiting list for at least 7 days before they called me. So just keep calling around, Someone has to sell you one.

Upvote 0
I had been on the waiting list in NJ also. I put my name on the list at my local sprint store on a Friday, then called the following Friday to see where I was on the list. Turns out the person I spoke to never put me on this list. So basically I went from 2nd or 3rd down to 20-something. Next day the phone happened to turn up available on sprint.com so I just ordered it there and it arrived the following day. The sprint store called me to pick up a phone just as I was activating the one I got in the mail...go figure.

Upvote 0
But is it not a 24 hour hold?

My store manager called me around 11am on a Saturday, left a message saying I had until 5:00pm that day to pick it up. So I'm guessing the hold policy varies by store -- and demand.

There are about 10 official Sprint stores in Columbus and I managed to find one with only about 10 on the waiting list where all the others had at least 30 up to 75.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones