1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

What can I do about enforced security

1. Flatliner

Flatliner New Member

My IT department enforces draconian security measures since I connect via an exchange server. Is there any way to get around it OR to at least change the keyboard that pops up to unlock the phone to a simple phone keyboard rather than a full keyboard (without affecting the keyboard on other applications)?

Advertisement
  2. htcevolee

htcevolee Well-Known Member

Android Quick App: Lockpicker | Android Central

Setup a SWIPE password first then install Lock Picker from the market then you wont have to type the password anymore. I can guarantee IT Security wont like this so be careful. What it does it bypasses the unlock password everytime you wake up the phone which is why you should have a SWIPE password atleast.
  3. SolApathy

SolApathy Cleverness is not wisdom Guide

^^^ Lockpicker -download it.
  4. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze New Member

hello folks,

just got my evo about a week ago and this is my first post. i recently hooked up my phone to my work's exchange thru activesync but now i get that annoying security policy that forces me to enter a pin to unlock the screen. does anyone know of a way to remove the need to enter the pin?

i came from a winmo phone where there was a reg hack to disable this security policy.

any thoughts on how to hack this policy? thanks.
  5. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

lockpicker from the market place... it will prevent the time out pin screen from popping up. i have been using it since june 5th and i have exchange on my evo..

welcome! i still love win mo (since 2002) and still have my tp2 running on another line.... hard to let go.. :D
    KaiserSoze likes this.
  6. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member

It all depends on how the ActiveSync Client handles the Server's request for the pin. You could try one of the other 3rd party apps such as Touchdown or Moxier. They all have free trial periods.
  7. Neitherfanboy

Neitherfanboy Well-Known Member

I would be careful with this one. As an IT guy for a firm that requires this to protect client data which exists on employee phones, if someone were caught doing this there would be repercussions: if they were important to the firm, they would just be blocked from getting access to the Exchange server. Less important? They would be terminated.
    clwoodwork likes this.