What can I do to boost my signal??

Last Updated: 2010-09-21 16:56:12
  1. lemonsquash

lemonsquash Member

Hello,

I used to have an HTC Touch Pro 2, which had excellent reception inside my office. I purchased (or dare I say... upgraded to) the Epic 4G about 2 weeks ago and this phone has NO signal inside my office. Occassionally I'll get the roaming symbol, but for the most part I have no bars at all.

How could 2 phones have such different reception?? The cell towers have not moved!

I've read the 4G network was launched in Orlando yesterday. I'm in Orlando and haven't been able to get a 4G signal yet. :( I would be happy with a consistent 3G signal. Or even 2G if that exists. Just give me a connection!!

ALSO (sorry... I'm frustrated!) my BatteryMinder tells me when the battery is fully charged so I can unplug the charger. Last night I got the fully-charged alert in the middle of the night, so I unplugged the phone. Woke up this morning to 66% battery remaining. :mad: I know there are tons of posts about ending tasks, lowering screen brightness, etc. - all which I have done - but is there a stronger battery I can purchase? I'm not making it even 1/2 a day without charging. What an inconvenience!

Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Sorry to be so whiney.

Lemonsquash
    Lake Mary, FL

Advertisement
  2. ragnarokx

ragnarokx Well-Known Member

I actually get better reception with the Epic than I ever did with my Blackberry Tour. Some have had luck fixing your problem by doing a hard reset.

Next time you wake up with a phone that should be charged but is half dead, from the home screen hit the menu button then go to Settings>About Phone>Battery Use and tap Cell Standby. If it says "Time without a signal" is around 50%, trying turning on and off Airplane mode to fix this and stop unneeded battery drain.