What can I do with a rooted stock rom?

Last Updated:

1. starsnlaughter

starsnlaughter Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a repost.. none of the suggested threads covered what I'm asking for!

I manually rooted my sprint 2.1 stock rom & removed all sprint bloatware. Running very smoothly & seems to be able to keep up with me. Even after calibrating the keyboard, it can keep up to my 75wps (when flipped horizontal)!

Is there anything, any customizations or whatnot, available for us stock users? I work nearly full-time on a retail schedule and have a highly active toddler so I really don't want to mess with flashing stuff because I *rarely* have more than a half hour-45 minutes to myself XP

Advertisement
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Well, so far I have set up Wireless Tether, Titanium Backup, CacheCleaner, changed my clock and weather to a clear background one, and installed a benchmarking program for testing out OC kernels. I have also flashed many different ROM's and used my Nandroid to go back to my rooted stock. Hope that helps you out a little. The possibilities are pretty endless and the time required for them is small. I have a five and a half year old and work full time and still managed to squeeze in phone fun time. :)

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

To me, one of the biggest perks is using Autokiller. It helps free up what little bit of ram the hero has by adjusting Android's built-in kill-off points, this helps to keep the phone speedy.