What can I safely delete from my HTC Wildfire?

1. MunchkinMC

MunchkinMC Member

When I connect my phone as a disk drive and look through the folders there seems to be a lot of stuff in there taking up space.

What can I safely delete to make more room - is it safe to delete thumbnails for instance?

Advertisement
    :
  2. MunchkinMC

MunchkinMC Member

Mine is not a Wildfire S (just the older Wildfire version)- my question was what can I delete?

I only suggested something but I would like a comprehensive list so I can have a good clearout
  3. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

Could you provide a print screen of the folders in your sd card, since you know what in your sd card its easier for you to determine what to delete or not.
    If a folder has no files inside it then you might aswell delete it
  4. MunchkinMC

MunchkinMC Member

When I view my sd card there are no files in it, however all photos and music shows as being stored on the sd card
  5. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

So if you view your sd card via a file manager on your device you can see them?
    Does your computer recognise your device as a storage device?
    Try (safely) taking out your sd card, then battery. Then replace your sd card first then your battery and turn on your device, now connect your device to your computer
  6. MunchkinMC

MunchkinMC Member

Yes computer recognises it as a storage device and if I connect it I can see my files.

My ROM is now down to just over 24MB but deleting things does not seem to help. What will I do when ROM is all used up??????