• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What can I use to view password protected PDF's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRH

Aug 15, 2010
Hello,

I have dropbox, and love it. I go to school as well and have password protected PDF's, is there are reader that will allow me to enter the user name and password? I can't get the official Adobe Reader to selected the text fields. Are there any recommendations?

RH

Hello,

I have dropbox, and love it. I go to school as well and have password protected PDF's, is there are reader that will allow me to enter the user name and password? I can't get the official Adobe Reader to selected the text fields. Are there any recommendations?

RH

I don't know of a free solution. BeamReader claims to do this, and I believe Documents to Go (paid version) will as well.

BeamReader PDF Viewer - Android app on AppBrain

Documents To Go 2.0 Main App - Android app on AppBrain

DocumentsToGo Full Version Key - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
I think you just have adobe reader pro, not acrobat pro. So you cannot use the PRO to eidt PDF files.

Sounds that you encounter open password. which means, you need to type on the password before viewing PDF files. The problem is complicated, maybe you need PDF password Recovery to crack the password.I am not sure. However, there are some commen ways to unlock secured PDF files. Take it for reference and it would be helpful. Be well!

Upvote 0
Hello,

If you install the free-for-personal-use Teamviewer remote desktop operation app on your phone and its companion Teamviewer application on the PC or Mac that those PDFs are on you can do anything with/to those PDFs – like entering passwords – that you can do if you sit in front of that PC or Mac!

No special reader app necessary and a tonne of extra functionality for your phone!

Upvote 0
ezPDF is my choice. Only $.99 and works great.

PDF Viewer - ezPDF Reader - Most Featured and Best Rated PDF Viewer (2.1 or up)

-Play Embedded Video & Audio (Android)
-With FREE PDF Conversion Program for PC
-Text Reflow
-Auto Fit Zoom
-Support Trackball
-Select Text in PDF
-Links
-Scroll Lock
-Open Password-protected PDF
-Bookmarks w/List

ezPDF Reader - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Well, thanks. NONE OF THESE will open ALL types of Password Protected PDF files.
***********ATTENTION to anyone in On-Line school courses***********
The Password Protected files that we read will NOT open with any of these programs. READ CLOSLEY because almost all of them say that the open PASSWORD PROTECTED PDF files, but only one type and that type IS NOT the kind we need.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones