1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

What can you actually do with ShopSavvy?

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Someone suggest Shop Savvy so I downloaded it, played with it and was impressed with it. I spent an evening grabbing stuff around the house and scanning it. Amazingly cool.

However, I have no clue how to use it in real life. It performs a very cool function, but I'm not sure what application it has. Am I supposed to save boxes for stuff around the house so I can order refills of stuff I go through? Do I go to the store and scan stuff I want and look it up on-line and then buy it on-line even though I've gone to the trouble of going to the store and I am holding the item in my hand? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.

Advertisement
  2. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I recently used it to price a shower head at Lowe's...its nice because it shows LOCAL stores prices too, so I knew that Sears had it like $15 cheaper. Highly situational really, but really cool.

3. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

I was told Shopper was better so I've downloaded it instead. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though

4. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

And if you are in a store that will match any advertised price, you could use it to get the price lowered immediately without even driving to another store.

5. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

but will the store take a cell phone comparison instead of a print ad from another store? i would be curious to see if they would trust the app.

i wish there was an app that would actually check the inventory at local stores so you don't go driving there to find out they're out of stock. kind of like best buy's website does where you can check local stores for the product. not even their android app does that, though.

6. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

as soon as you find it cheaper, Best Buy should be able to just call them to verify price and stock.

Even with a printed ad, BB (or any store) usually calls the other store.

I was trying to scan something last weekend and felt funnt standing there with my phone pointed at the barcode. lol

Worked great though. Show that target below me (first level in the mall) had the same thing for $10 less so I just walked there to buy it.

7. thirtyfour41

i think i'd feel like a tool trying to get a price match with my cell phone, though. the store employees would probably think there's something wrong me :)

i'd feel better driving to another store, finding they don't have it, and going back to the original store, suck it up and buy it... haha. although i tend to price shop/compare online and order it.

8. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'd be interested in knowing that as well. That would be a very, very handy use for the app for sure.

9. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

You could always click on the phone number and call the store to ask. Although not all stores are very responsive.

10. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

Scan barcodes on this site to direct link your phone to the market where an app is available...

and use it in stores (food doesn't work well...) for electronics and the like.

11. thirtyfour41

i tried calling around to stores to find an incredible, and just about every store i called was pissy because they had to check or just didn't answer. and i wanted the incredible BAD. can't imagine calling for something i just kinda want :eek:

12. shovelups

shovelups Member

Get Google shopper instead. Shop Savvy and Barcode scanner are HORRIBLE & SLOW, and never find the things i scan (even when i just bought them!)

13. screenamesuck

screenamesuck Well-Known Member

Thats because every 2 minutes we are either getting a call about the Incredible, Evo or iPhone 4. I can literally answer almost every phone call by saying "NO WE DON'T" when I pick up the phone. Then the customer wants you to check other stores to see if they have it even if you tell them you've already checked a million times in the past few days. I know that same customer is still going to call the other stores even though I just told them nobody has it.

14. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Problem with Google Shopper: you can't scan app barcodes.

15. powrful1

powrful1 Well-Known Member

but with barcode scanner it can link into google shopper.

16. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

Very true, and I have Google Shopper installed. Just pointing out one reason why you can't ONLY have Shopper.