• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What can you do with a Rooted Droid X right now?

- Add other live wallpaper that didn't come stock
- Use root only programs available in the Android store (including wireless tethering, SetCPU, and others)
- Side load programs not available in the Android store
- Remove stock applications that you have no need for (potentially helps save RAM and CPU power)

I know you can do at least those things right now.

Upvote 0
I think wireless tether and perhaps underclocking the CPU when not needed would be the best reasons to root..

I really hope we can find a way to run custom ROMS.. all I really want is vanilla Android.

*Opinion*
Dear Moto: If you're reading this (you clearly aren't), please just give us vanilla Android... the majority of us would prefer it over your MotoBlur crap. It saves you time/money, and makes most end-users happier.

Note: I know it's not "technically" running MotoBlur... but it might as well be. Same, ugly, unintuitive interface.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones