What case and/or screen protector are you getting?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. EmOtaku

EmOtaku Member This Topic's Starter

So a few quick questions for those with their Fascinate or about to get it:

What case did you get/plan to get?

Will you put a screen protector on it? If so what type?

Advertisement
  2. cadon69

cadon69 Well-Known Member

I want to get a Seidio active like on my Dinc if they make one. Also I thought I read that the screen on the Fascinate was Gorilla Glass so it shouldn't need a protector as long as that is the case.

3. KenIz

KenIz Member

4. Rimzy

Rimzy Well-Known Member

I will be getting the screen protector sold at vzw with the black silicone case for now.

5. substring

substring Well-Known Member

I bought the black silicon cover from the Verizon store. It is very nice and it keeps the phone from being too slippery. I also bought the 3-pack screen protector.

The Verizon store also has different types of hard cases. But they all look too plastic and cheap.

Frankly, if Otterbox makes a Defender Series for the Fascinate, I will buy it within a heart beat. The one they have for the iPhone looks beautiful and it is made of shock-absorbing high-end rubber. :)

6. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

I'd prefer a bumper like they make for iPhones, the silicone cases (IMO) don't add much protection from drops by comparison and they tend to stick sliding in and out of pockets. But I got one off eBay to tide me over.

7. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

I got the High Gloss Silicone case from Verizon.

So far i am very satisfied with it, it does like fingerprints though.

I like it though because of the lip it creates on the front, it fits tightly, and it looks close to the phone's original look before putting the case on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Retrokid223 and saps like this.
  8. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Great Stuff. The entire SF loves fingerprints so the fact that this case does too isnt a big deal to me. Im actually considering it based on your great photos

9. Jacki1008

Jacki1008 Well-Known Member

I also got the high gloss silicone case in black. I like how it blends well with the phone and doesn't add any bulk.

And I got the screen protectors, but I have to say that because it doesn't cover the whole front (goes from just below "Verizon" to just above "Samsung" I do find it affects how smoothly I am able to swipe my finger. I keep getting caught on the edge of the protector. In fact, I had to take off the one the store rep put on and move it up a touch because it was interferring with being able to drag down the notification bar. I am sure, like anything else, I will get used to it.

10. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

Although the case gets prints pretty easy being glossy, it still doesn't look bad with them, you just realize how good it looks without them once you wipe it off. I love it.

I also love the weight it adds and how solid it feels in the hand once the case is on.

11. Little-Miss

Little-Miss Member

I got the basic snap-on clear purple hard cover from Verizon. I also ordered the Phantomskinz for it. I know it doesn't really need a screen protector but I am one of those people, lol.

12. UH Warrior

UH Warrior New Member

Were you able to find a bumper case on eBay?

13. Ender519

Ender519 Member

For the love of god, *don't* get the anti-glare screen protectors from VZW.. going to return these.. they really ruin the screen, everything looks pixelated and "sparkly" or something..

14. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Ten days in and still running it naked and I think that is how she will stay. Fingerprints are an issue but the Gorilla Glass is as good as the hype. Slim and thin is how Im rolling

15. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

Soon as SGP has a screen protector I will use it. They just feel so smooth and fingerprints are not as bad.

16. E=Fb

E=Fb Member

I ordered the white carbon fiber from phantom skinz yesterday. Never used them before. Hopefully it'll be good.

17. Yossarian9

Yossarian9 Member

Bought the body glove case from Verizon and love it. Feels really sturdy and fits very snug around the phone. Takes some effort to click it into place. The case eliminates the slipperiness and doesn't add too much thickness.

18. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

I was looking at the carbon fiber Phantomskinz also. Does it have a texture? ....this may be an answer to those who want a more grippy feel without a case. They are listed under "Chromatics" on their website.

19. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

I've got the hard cover with the kickstand, takes away the need for the home dock.

tlogank likes this.
  20. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Nah but I haven't looked in a week or so. I'm pretty happy with my $6 black silicon skin.it is thinner than the Verizon one which I prefer. It was from seller sourcedepot.

Post up if you find a decent bumper.

21. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

wife got this one from VZW
    [​IMG]
    fits well, doesn't add too much bulk...looks and feels good...this is of course until some girlie bling-ie cases, lol.

threw on the anti-glare screen protector, but it sucks, only covers the screen, not the complete face like the ZAGG Invisi-shield, but she doesn't like the feel of mine on my Dinc...the only good thing was that there were 4 in the pack instead of 3 as advertised...and we had to use them all due to the first one went on with issues, the 2nd one went on perfectly, but somehow got a scratch between me bringing it home from work after i applied it, the 3rd had crap on it (defect) and the last one is on perfectly again...

22. bytheriver

hey, I like that one. Is it a silicone slip-on, or hard case?

23. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

Is this comment directed at me? if so, the cover is clear hard rubber, the graphic is an insert, you snap the insert around the back of the phone, then snap the hard clear rubber around the phone. It's not slimy feeling like the silicone ones, and gives the phone a nice in the hand feel.
    Biggest problem is it adds bulk as so many other cars do, and one of the selling factors of the phone is it's slim size..this is definitely lost....maybe those phantom skinz have something going for them..

24. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

25. bytheriver

Oh, sorry..it was meant for you.

I don't like any added bulk either. I may just order a phantomskinz...